Hughes Heckled at Team Hotel

kippax1966

I don't often post, but I am so angry, I feel I must say something......

I live near the Solent Hotel in Whiteley where the team stayed before the Pompey match. I popped down mid-morning to see whether the team were there, asked a couple of MCFC security (why do City need 3 security staff??), who claimed to have no idea when the team would leave etc.

Turned up with my boys, 7 and 4, and my wife at about 12.15, we all had our city kits on as we were going to the match later. We were then told that the team were running late, and would not be signing any autographs. We were disappointed, and when the players did emerge, they just walked past, adjusting their ipods etc, and never even acknowledged the small group of people standing there, some autograph collectors, but some obviously city fans. The only one who did look as though he wanted to come over was Steven Ireland, but daren't break the rules.

Mark Hughes came out last, and my wife shouted "You've let us down, Mark" really loudly. To his credit, He did come over to ask why, and was probably a bit relieved that it wasn't just aimed at him! We explained that we have two young boys who 'fight the good fight' for City amonst their Pompey/Chelsea etc mates all year round, it wouldn't have taken much to acknowledge them and sign some autographs. He did say there had been an organised signing time that morning, but as members of the local CSA, we hadn't heard a thing. In fact, the committee had asked for just that for both fixtures, with not even a reply from the club.

So we left for the match feeling disappointed and let down, before the shambles in the pitch that afternoon...........

If City are going to act like that to fans, I think I'd like to have the old, poor club back.

A smile, a wave, encouragement for my small boys when seeing their heroes?

Most other teams are still open and friendly, and seem to be better prepared than our lot when playing Pompey..........

tommyducks said:
dannybcity said:
They've got a game to prepare for, what did you expect to happen really?
You're not serious?

Yep. TBH they probably should have smiled or nodded but I wouldn't want to see them chatting and autograph signing, I'd rather them concentrate on the game ahead. This thread is just another way of getting at Hughes.

dannybcity said:
tommyducks said:
dannybcity said:
You're not serious?

Yep. TBH they probably should have smiled or nodded but I wouldn't want to see them chatting and autograph signing, I'd rather them concentrate on the game ahead. This thread is just another way of getting at Hughes.

Exactly.

At least Hughes spoke to you, sack all the other fuckers.

It's not getting at Hughes at all, just the attitude of the club, and whoever decided how to handle things. I suspect it was far easier for the security staff, and they were real miserable buggers too.........!

dannybcity said:
tommyducks said:
dannybcity said:
You're not serious?

Well maybe they should change their attitude and approach to games and actually acknowledge us fans for once, I'd agree with you if the current methods worked.

feel sorry for your kids mate . how long does it take just to sign something and say hello

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.