Hughes must have something up his sleeve....

dancity19 said:
He must do, look at all his previous signings and they mainly have been astute signings, players which other managers often havn't thought of perhaps. For all my disappointment with Hughes in terms of preparing his teams, and results, I have always maintanied that he is very good at buying players. There is no reason for him to suddenly become bad at it! I have been disappointed with the lack of positive activity so far this window, but Hughes does have a good track record of buying players.
Yes, he did buy Bellamy for Blackburn, and he has bid for RSC, Bellamy and Parker, but Hughes buy's tend normally to be good foreign players, playing abroad who need a change of scenery, or want to playin the premiership: RSC (when he wet to Blackburn), Samba, Mcarthy, Kompany and Zabaletta. Yes he has made some shockers Like TBH, but I always thought he bought well at Blackburn. I just believe he will have some foreign players, from foreign clubslined up somewhere, and I wouldn't discount a bid for Yaya Toure...it just seems a kind of buy Hughes would make? He doesn't always tend to buy from English clubs?

Totally agree, we can give our opinions on what weve heard all day long but the club want us, the media and other clubs to talk about these potential signings, while the real targets are being discussed. i think we will sign both yaya and Kolo and one big big player that no one will even talk about untill the deal is done, just like robinho on dead line day. the club need one more superstar to get the ball running for the summer, i still think KAKA for stupid money?

Hughes in his press conference said that the deals for Bellamy and Parker are put on hold (sky sports)Somewhere in the interpritation this has come out as all deals put on hold without hughes knowing about it-somethings happening.

i remember the arabs saying how chuffed they was with the publicity they got for signing little robbo and i m convinced there will be another big name this transfer window

I also think we're being played, and I do think loads of things are going on behind the scenes.

What's interesting is that we apparently turned down Senna, sounds a bit crazy but it is interesting to see what will come. Refuse to believe we just don't have the pulling power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.