Hughes on his bike - who's next for the City job?

bizzbo said:
shadygiz said:
lol..this after the club have said he isnt going anywhere.....hmmm, who do we believe ;p

if thats anything post feb, could i have a linky?

me too, as ive only heard hughes say that since feb

First thing I do when reading an article is scan through for 'said Mark Hughes' or any other direct quotes from someone directly involved.

The phrase 'said a source close to City' is probably best translated from journalist talk to English as 'said nobody, ever'.

The only person I would bring in for Hughes would be Mourinho. And we would need to know for certain that he would take over before sacking Hughes.

Apart from Jose, I can't think of anyone that I'd want. I've heard some good managers' names put in the frame - Moyes, Jol, Scolari etc. But none of these names absolutely guarantee success if they were to take over. Remember that Hughes was considered to be a quality manager after proving himself with Wales and Blackburn. But as we have all seen, he has failed to have instant success with us.

So taking a Jol or a Moyes would be a gamble in my opinion, and one not worth taking as it would further de-stabilise a club desperately in need of stability. Mourinho is the only person that we know would come in and transform us into a top four team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.