Hughes on Mancini

bluecityboy said:
Fulham Chairman on Hughes.

An open letter from the Chairman, in response to media reports in Saturday’s newspapers incorporating comments from former Manager Mark Hughes:

What a strange man Mark Hughes is. Sacked by Manchester City, he was becoming a forgotten man when I rescued him to become manager of Fulham Football Club.

Even when results were bad, I did not put pressure on him. I gave him every support -- financial, moral and personal.

He fully negotiated a two-year extension to his contract. On the day he was due to sign, he walked out without the courtesy of a proper explanation.

And now he insults the club, saying it lacks ambition, and the players who delivered an 8th. position finish last season and a place in the Europa League.

He is not just disrespectful but entirely wrong. Fulham has just announced plans for a splendid new riverside stand that will substantially increase the capacity of Craven Cottage.

In every aspect of its work, Fulham is a progressive club with a top manager in Martin Jol, the man we had really wanted when Hughes was appointed.

We shall endeavour to prosper without him simply because, when the challenge came, it was not the Club but Mark Hughes who lacked the courage and ambition to take on the task of leadership. If people are looking for a flop, they only have to no further than the man who has lost his spark.

Yours faithfully,

Mohamed Al Fayed,
Chairman,
FFC
I think this is hillarious, and all because he had a dig at Mancini, and couldn't resit including Fulham in it. Has Hughes reacted yet, to either the result yesterday, or Al Fayed's comments ?

TheMightyQuinn said:
Comrade Buka said:
The day Hughes was hired by us I was horrified. The day he was fired I was happy. Had no idea how some of our fans could be upset by him getting sacked. He never looked the part.

Today I can give two shits about Hughes. A mediocre man speaking big words.

Spot on.

He's a fucking imbecile, absolutely clueless.

Rag gobshite needs to keep his mouth shut and achieve something/anything before he opens it again the fucking rag goon.

Best thing we did was getting rid of this ****.
THIS.

Hughes should really keep his mouth shut, how dare he question a manager who has won things with both average and quality teams.

Whay has Hughe won exactly? holding out for a top team. what a joke he is.

I have just read the Fulham response and the re-read the original post quoting Hughes.

Sorry if it has been posted but why has Al Fayed posted that response? thought i was a wind up when I first read it.

LittleStan said:
I have just read the Fulham response and the re-read the original post quoting Hughes.

Sorry if it has been posted but why has Al Fayed posted that response? thought i was a wind up when I first read it.

Because Leslie has royally pissed of HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.

Oh, and Les has annoyed Mohamed Abdel Moneim Al-Fayed as well.

Re: Al-Fayed attack on Mark Hughes..lol

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Well said that man. We all know Hughes thought he was going to be offered the Villa job whilst at Fulham, but tough titties Lesley, the move was blocked. So glad he's not our manager now, and although I thought City handled the sacking poorly it was a top decision in the end by Cook and Marwood. I wonder what all the Welsh Mafia are doing whilst there beloved manager is spouting shite on the TV?
Working with the Fulham youth team..... they ended up having to stay because their contracts were not like his! and Jol wanted them nowhere near the first team.

i know leslie has been offered a pint of "bitter" by some of us, i think all of this has proved he prefers "red whine".

coat on.

Eat it Hughes.

-

Roberto Mancini has told Mark Hughes: Keep on slagging me off and Manchester City will carry on winning.

Former City boss Hughes, who was sacked in December 2009 to make way for the Italian, criticised his successor’s style of management on the eve of the Manchester derby .

Mancini’s men promptly went out and blitzed reigning champions United 6-1 at Old Trafford to open up a five-point lead at the top of the Premier League.

Hughes also derided Mancini before his Fulham side met City last season, only to suffer a 4-1 defeat.

With City winning emphatically both times after Hughes poured scorn on their manager, Mancini is happy for the Welshman to keep on sniping.

“I don’t know Mark Hughes and he doesn’t know me,” he said.

“But I’m happy when he talks to the newspapers because, before every game that he talks, we win 6-1 and 4-1. Every game.

“So if he talks about me before every game, I’d be very happy.”

Mancini added that he would never speak ill of another manager.

“Every manager has his method and his own behaviour,” he said. “I respect every opinion. I don’t have any problem.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.