Hughes said: "I know exactly what is needed here.

Bollocks. Style of football is wank - no entertainment value, easy to predict and defend against. If you need more time then have it elsewhere cos you've sorted out fuck all. You just lost 3 - 0 to the 4th bottom Championship side - WANK!!!

jrb said:
Hughes said: "I know exactly what is needed here.

"The work we do on a day-to-day basis makes players better. They have to be brave enough to perform in matches. Today some were guilty of not doing that.

"We know where we are in development terms and we know where we need to go.

"We know the areas of the squad we have to strengthen and we will try to do that. It is not going to happen in this window, or even two or three. We need more time."
(4 seasons? Jeez!)

Frailties
Hughes feared the worst when he lost Shaun Wright-Phillips after only 18 minutes with a hamstring injury that could keep him out for up to five weeks.

With Robinho and Stephen Ireland also sidelined, the hosts lacked any semblance of creativity and capitulated to what the City boss admitted was a deserved loss.

"We are bitterly disappointed with the level of performance that we produced today," he said. "Nottingham Forest fully deserved to win.

"They showed more desire and energy in their play. They forced us into errors and took their chances.

"I didn't expect the other team to show more desire but I am just being honest," he said. "I am not telling anyone anything they didn't see themselves. I have known the frailties in the team from day one."

Astonishing! That is incredible.
Is he actually saying that???

The full quote - sorry if its elsewhere..

HUGHES DEFIANT DESPITE CUP LOSS

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes insists he is still the right man to lead the Eastlands outfit despite the humiliating FA Cup defeat by Nottingham Forest.

City lost 3-0 at home against a Forest side that have been struggling badly in the Championship this term and sacked Colin Calderwood on Boxing Day after an abject loss to Doncaster.

There are some who wonder whether the same fate might now befall Hughes, who earlier in the day signed Wayne Bridge from Chelsea for a reported £10million.

But the Welshman insists his own faith in his ability to do the job remains undiminished and he had already made City's wealthy Abu Dhabi-based owners aware of the Blues' clear limitations.

"I know exactly what is needed here," he said.

"The work we do on a day-to-day basis makes players better. They have to be brave enough to perform in matches. Today some were guilty of not doing that.

"We know the areas of the squad we have to strengthen and we will try to do that. It is not going to happen in this window, or even two or three. We need more time."

Hughes feared the worst when he lost Shaun Wright-Phillips after only 18 minutes with a hamstring injury that could keep him out for up to five weeks.

With Robinho and Stephen Ireland also sidelined, the hosts lacked any semblance of creativity and capitulated to what the City boss admitted was a deserved loss.

"We are bitterly disappointed with the level of performance that we produced today," he said.

"Nottingham Forest fully deserved to win.

"They showed more desire and energy in their play. They forced us into errors and took their chances."

In confirming Forest showed more desire, Hughes was offering a damning assessment of his own team.

However, the former Wales boss insists there is no point trying to mask the truth.

"I didn't expect the other team to show more desire but I am just being honest," he said.

"I am not telling anyone anything they didn't see themselves. I have known the frailties in the team from day one."

Indeed, Hughes pointed out the frailties in private discussions with chairman Sheikh Mansoor and chief executive Garry Cook more than a month ago.

"You need leaders, people who drive the game and affect it in a positive way," he said.

"If we have more than one, two or three players below their best then we struggle to win games. We have shown that throughout the season."

If the Blues were the architects of their own downfall on that occasion given Pablo Zabaleta lost possession close to the touchline, it was nothing compared to Dietmar Hamann's woeful throw-in that gifted Joe Garner the visitors' third.

"All credit to Nottingham Forest," reflected Hughes, whose side were following up an equally early Carling Cup demise at Brighton.

"Now we have to pick ourselves up, knowing it is perfectly clear the squad as it is cannot compete on a number of fronts."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can pick up on what you will but for me my minds made up.

The full quote - sorry if its elsewhere..

HUGHES DEFIANT DESPITE CUP LOSS

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes insists he is still the right man to lead the Eastlands outfit despite the humiliating FA Cup defeat by Nottingham Forest.

City lost 3-0 at home against a Forest side that have been struggling badly in the Championship this term and sacked Colin Calderwood on Boxing Day after an abject loss to Doncaster.

There are some who wonder whether the same fate might now befall Hughes, who earlier in the day signed Wayne Bridge from Chelsea for a reported £10million.

But the Welshman insists his own faith in his ability to do the job remains undiminished and he had already made City's wealthy Abu Dhabi-based owners aware of the Blues' clear limitations.

"I know exactly what is needed here," he said.

"We are bitterly disappointed with the level of performance that we produced today," he said.

"Nottingham Forest fully deserved to win.

"They showed more desire and energy in their play. They forced us into errors and took their chances."

In confirming Forest showed more desire, Hughes was offering a damning assessment of his own team.

However, the former Wales boss insists there is no point trying to mask the truth.

"I didn't expect the other team to show more desire but I am just being honest," he said.

"I am not telling anyone anything they didn't see themselves. I have known the frailties in the team from day one."

Indeed, Hughes pointed out the frailties in private discussions with chairman Sheikh Mansoor and chief executive Garry Cook more than a month ago.

"You need leaders, people who drive the game and affect it in a positive way," he said.

"If we have more than one, two or three players below their best then we struggle to win games. We have shown that throughout the season."

If the Blues were the architects of their own downfall on that occasion given Pablo Zabaleta lost possession close to the touchline, it was nothing compared to Dietmar Hamann's woeful throw-in that gifted Joe Garner the visitors' third.

"All credit to Nottingham Forest," reflected Hughes, whose side were following up an equally early Carling Cup demise at Brighton.

"Now we have to pick ourselves up, knowing it is perfectly clear the squad as it is cannot compete on a number of fronts."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can pick up on what you will but for me my minds made up.

To the prat who said that the football is boring and were easy to predict, how on earth are we second top scorers in the premiership then, with goals coming from so many different outlets.

The obvious problems lie within our defending, and the obvious lack of balance that the side possesses. You all harp on about how crucial it is to sort out our defending and battle in midfield, yet at the same time you're *rubbing your balls* at the thought of Kaka being brought into the midfield. Dont get me wrong, Kaka is a wonderful player, but for the time being (in a season which can more or less be written off) we need to consolidate, and form a balanced team that can not only blow away teams with flair when its all going right, but graft and scrap the late 1-0's that the likes of Villa and Everton are doing so consistently away from home.

Maybe a Bullard or a Parker isnt such a bad idea. We NEED balance.

mammutly said:
jrb said:
(4 seasons? Jeez!)

Frailties

"We are bitterly disappointed with the level of performance that we produced today," he said. "Nottingham Forest fully deserved to win.

"They showed more desire and energy in their play. They forced us into errors and took their chances.

"I didn't expect the other team to show more desire but I am just being honest," he said. "I am not telling anyone anything they didn't see themselves. I have known the frailties in the team from day one."

Astonishing! That is incredible.
Is he actually saying that???

I swear he actually said this a couple of days ago. I don't recall anyone saying much about it. I wanted to vomit. He is, he actually is talking about 2 seasons to get this right, and I don't mean seriously challenging for honours.

On the other hand there's my own desire to get the man from Milan, and then Ajay (oh-oh) who about a week ago told that a certain bloke that used to manage Chelsea had actually approached City with a one year plan! Well, it isn't necessary for me to believe Ajay, as THAT is exactly why I'd get rid of Hughes now, and why I would have gone for Jose starting September 2nd.

Nothing against Hughes, he's just not my man, I think he is out of his depth, I do not believe he provides City with the momentum to overcome our inertia.

Doesn't matter what I think about him though. I think ADUG are stuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.