Hughes Team V Sven Team

BlueBoy85 said:
BobKowalski said:
Well I wish he would f**king hurry up then.

he has only had 5 days of the transfer window

He has been in the job for 7 f**king months and as far as I am aware the 1st Jan was not the day the penny finally dropped for Hughes and he felt it to best get on with doing what he is paid to do and that is manage Manchester City Football Club.

Zab having a great past few games? what games have you been watching then?

If anything this season has shown Hughes is shite outside of his comfort zone. Now he's trying to get back into that by signing mediocre players on the cheap so we can finish mid-table and sign more shite from the Premiership in the summer.

vbr said:
Zab having a great past few games? what games have you been watching then?

If anything this season has shown Hughes is shite outside of his comfort zone. Now he's trying to get back into that by signing mediocre players on the cheap so we can finish mid-table and sign more shite from the Premiership in the summer.

mediocre players like who?

Disturbance said:
BlueBoy85 said:
spot on.. only players plaing well are his signings. He will sort it.

SWP hasn't played well for a few weeks now and Zabaleta has looked patchy recently. It's not as simple as saying all Hughes signings are great and the rest are shit, that's ridiculous tbh. The fact is though that many of the players played better under Sven over the season than they are currently doing under Hughes.

that is not a fact at all he got them playing for half a season the other half was relegation form,to me some have just carried on that relegation form,some will be proven right or wrong by the end of the season with new players in old players out lets just wait and see who will be right and who will be wrong?

moomba said:
Ryinho said:
I been noticing the past few games that mark hughes signings i.e kopmany,zab and swp seem up to doing the job and along with ireland but all young players.

Then we got sven team i.e ball,hamann,elano who dont seem to get anywhere just like sitting back and not doing nothing while Hughes signings are basically doing all the work so it seems if we give hughes team to get his team he wants i think we could get out of this mess and get somewhere.

What do you guys think ?

I think a manager that can't manage and get the best out of players he hasn't signed is not the manager for us.

Amen to that.

leewill31 said:
Disturbance said:
SWP hasn't played well for a few weeks now and Zabaleta has looked patchy recently. It's not as simple as saying all Hughes signings are great and the rest are shit, that's ridiculous tbh. The fact is though that many of the players played better under Sven over the season than they are currently doing under Hughes.

that is not a fact at all he got them playing for half a season the other half was relegation form,to me some have just carried on that relegation form,some will be proven right or wrong by the end of the season with new players in old players out lets just wait and see who will be right and who will be wrong?

The fact is that the second half of the season was as good as we are playing now. Sven already had points on the board and was falling out with Frank when our form went bad. Hughes has had a bad start with more time to prepare than Sven and an extra £70m to spend. If rumours are true he's also upset a large number of players in the squad which has contributed to some of our appalling results. Forgive me for not seeing great manager material in what he has done so far.

Why you think Hughes's targets are so crap is beyond me

We need two defensive mid fielders

Kompany do we want him to go? No, so Parker ofers us and gives us a good pair as alongside Kompany which is needed particularly, with the attacking options being discussed.Fernandez? another year on the bench and he will come good.

Do we want Dunne or Richards to go? No so Toure applies the necessary pressure at Centre Half

Zabaleta is off his game, so for the remainder of the season, Richards offers a good alternative on the bench should Toure and Dunne work as a centre back pairing. I don't think we will get Johnson from Portsmouth, so obviously Hughes knows he has the cover there.

Offensive mid field Ireland and Johnson are very coveted, if both injured or suspended, Robinho slots comfortably in there.

Right attacking mid field. Do we want SWP? Of course we do, but he is injured for 5 weeks, Ronaldo player of the year Britain, Europe and the world, is not coming to us to cover or play on the left hand side is he? No course he's not, similarly neither is Bentley, cant see Spurs wanting to sell him either, Lennon? Again not an option.

Bellamy? RH MID FIELD COVER, Perfect, Prickly, competitive captain of his country, and like Defoe wants to play for Redknapp, Bellamy wants to play for Hughes.

2nd Striker can play in the hole and ideal cover for Robinho, can also play on the left as well, like Huckerby, just a thousand times more effective, if Petrov Robinho SWP and Ireland are INJURED (Which they are lets face it) ideal 1st pick anywhere across the front line.

Tevez is going to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, two clubs can afford him, us or Real Madrid, we have more clout, and no-one is going to pay him 1/4 mill a week not even us. That maybe the mosy feasible Stellar superstar, done well at Man Utd and saved West Ham

Santa Cruz great focal point with loads and loads of service, which means loads and loads of goals.

Away from Home we could field

Richards Dunne Toure Ball

SWP Parker Zabaleta Bridge

Robinho Santa Cruz

That would grind out a few results away from home particularly with what's available on the Bench.

moomba said:
Ryinho said:
I been noticing the past few games that mark hughes signings i.e kopmany,zab and swp seem up to doing the job and along with ireland but all young players.

Then we got sven team i.e ball,hamann,elano who dont seem to get anywhere just like sitting back and not doing nothing while Hughes signings are basically doing all the work so it seems if we give hughes team to get his team he wants i think we could get out of this mess and get somewhere.

What do you guys think ?

I think a manager that can't manage and get the best out of players he hasn't signed is not the manager for us.

Do you think they should be able to outplay Forest regardless of who manages them? What about how they played in the 2nd half of the last season for the manager that recruited most of them? Do u think they really want to play when they know our new found wealth means that 50%+ of them will be replaced and, if they do play well, they will make the club more attractive to others and their positions more vulnerable? Do you really think ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.