Hughes To Be Sacked [Merged]

GaudinosWheels said:
Did anyone hear that text on BBC Radio Manchester that said Jose had quit?

they have said that there are rumours three times now that he has quit (jose)

also they have said bowen has confirmed the sacking

Hughes was never big enough for the club once the new owners moved in. They gave him a chance and backed him with big money, but in return they will have insisted on instance results.

What Hughes delivered simply wasn't good enough

Bye

bizzbo said:
ADUG are perfectly entitled to have their doubts, they stuck with him after an extremely average first season, and I'd not be surprised if some of what's happened this season unnerved them somewhat. After a frustrating, bizarre run of results against poor teams where we committed every footballing sin in the book (shipped goals, surrendered leads at home, never got it together as a team), we had slipped down the table continuously since September. Wednesday was a huge game, and Hughes made a complete hash of it.

Let's be clear about it, if you decide the best course of action is to change manager, there is no 'nice' way to do it.

It's unpleasant to watch. Distasteful to see someone have their authority taken away from them, especially when they might, only might, have turned it around.

But if it's what you think needs to happen, this is the price you pay.

Let them talk. We don't know what happened, and why. What matters is how things are handled from here on. It is a huge opportunity to bring in some fantastic young players from europe, to tighten our defence and really build for the future. To get back to a definite style of football, and some tactical sanity.

So feel sorry for Hughes, he showed his dignity again today and has been shafted.

But don't attack the owners or the board, just yet. Give them the chance to prove they know what they are doing. Don't listen to the sentimental, mawkish bullshit the media will spin about this. Hughes was given an astonishing opportunity, and while he didn't fail outright, he didn't make the job his own. He was always going to be under pressure, he needed to do better than 'OK'. It's not fair, not remotely, but it's what happens when an astonishing opportunity is given to you.

Good post there, agree with it.

Personally i wanted Hughes to be given more time, i wanted a manager that we could make our own and that could be there from the start, but owners are called owners because the club is theirs now, if they lose confidence in the manager, it serves little purpose to keep him.

It also makes sense before you actually sack him, to seek a replacement, no disgrace in doing that imo.

Slightly surprised and dissapointed about this, but hopefully it will be a clean transition between managers.

Slightly worried about having Bellamy in the sqaud without Hughes as a manager though...

I'm lost on this.

1. The owners wanted a top 6 finish... we're in 6th?????

2. The season is still young.

3. We have the semis against ManU coming up!!!!!!

All in all... WTF DO THEY WANT FROM HUGHES?!?!?!?!?

I am a cement finisher, this is like if my boss would say to me, "Eric, I want this floor finished by 3:30 today." Then I finish it at 3:30 and he says, "you should have been done at 3!!! YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

Makes no sense. No sense at all.

"The season is still young"

We're basically half way through the season silly bollocks.

Only 2 losses this season and first domestic cup semi-final in 28 years, and they've sacked him.
Club owners don't realise you can't buy instant success, they know nothing about football.
They fact that they went behind his back is shocking, as he is a gentleman.
SSN saying Toure was told at HT, then had to relay the news to the players, disgusting.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2009/December/Change-of-manager-at-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... er-at-City</a>

Now on the website:

Mark Bowen, Eddie Niedzwiecki, Kevin Hitchcock and Glyn Hodges have also left the Club and further appointments will be announced in due course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.