HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

Dear oh dear the Hughes in brigade are so desparate they're pulling out all the typical 'he was a rag' and Sven bollocks despite no-one else mentioning either. When will you fucking idiots get it into your thick fucking heads that I don't give a rat's arse about his rag past??

Shooter 83 said:
Just tell me why 90% of the rags was not happy he came to city, and said he wont be able to replace Bacon face now he's gone to city. He must have been doin something right. Chelsea also wanted him.

They did once refer to Steve McLaren the same way, actually he won something so probably not a fair comparison. Made a UEFA Cup final too (and pretty sure he got Boro to the top 8 as well).

bezer57 said:
tommcfc said:
Darco said:
fuck off Mourinho! He's the most over rated manager ever.

LOL
get out
the best manager in the world at present, FACT

thats y he is in the shite at inter then talk of him getting the bullit???

pmsl, we can give Jose the bullet when we are 7 points clear in the prem......

Rammy Blue said:
bezer57 said:
tommcfc said:
Darco said:
fuck off Mourinho! He's the most over rated manager ever.

LOL
get out
the best manager in the world at present, FACT

thats y he is in the shite at inter then talk of him getting the bullit???

pmsl, we can give Jose the bullet when we are 7 points clear in the prem......

lol exactly
he's going to win serie A hands down.
hopefully knock the rags out of Champs too
he's class

RACHACE said:
mr t said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I won't believe anything until the club make an official announcement, however if this does turn out to be true, I think its the most sensible thing the club have done since sanction the sale of Joey Barton. Not only will it put constant media speculation about his future to bed, but it will also end all the uncertainty amongst the players about who will be in charge next season, they will have to listen up to Hughes' authority more, because whether they like it or not, he's there for the long haul.

There are encouraging signs under Hughes, our attacking play is some of the best I've seen, far different from the conservativeness of Sven, and the dourness of Pearce. He gives the young academy players chances: Ireland looked to be going to Sunderland, but has been a revelation this season now he is no longer playing on the right side of midfield, Onouha also looked to be going in January but has played every game since coming back from injury, and the best of his career, Etuhu is being given opportunities (shame he's been injured), Johnson obviously has a big part to play hence the rejected bid from Newcastle, a new contract for Sturridge is being pushed (if he chooses not to sign then thats his problem, what makes him think he'll get automatic first team at Aston Villa?), Logan made his Premier League debut, and Wiess has featured on the bench. There are obviously things that need to be improved on, the away form goes without saying, sometimes questionable tactics and team selections, but he will only learn from his mistakes. Hughes is building something, and getting rid of him at the end of the season, is just going back to square 1. Its not fantasy football, where you just buy a few players, then suddenly your at the top of the league. City are not a top Premier League club, since we came up to the top flight in 2002, our highest position has been 8th (achieved only once), we've had a few relegation battles, and we've never qualified for Europe via a league position. Quite frankly, we're a mediocre, mid table club at best, its going to take time to turn us into a top club.
Good post mate - I'd be happy to finish in the top half this year and look at anything above 8th as a bonus and feel sure that we can build on that next year in our quest to become a top Premier League club and Idon't think replacing Mark Hughes will help that cause.

seriously???? so u dont think with the squad hughes inherited and added to we shud be at the VERY least finishing top 8??? If we finish 9th or 10th in the league u wud be happy with that. There is patience needed but jesus I will see us inishing any less than 8th as a total piss take and imo a step backwards.

Lets say we get to the QF of Uefa Cup
9th in the league
2nd round of Carling Cup
3rd round of FA Cup
1 away win all season
get beat twice off the rags

Does that in all seriousness warrent a new contract or another season in charge of our club???

C&ETID
I know that we've suffered some bad losses and can't win away from home but I can see an improvement in the way we are playing and realistically don't think that we can finish higher than 7th this year. The fact that the team can't win away from home means that even if we win all our existing home games we not finish higher than 8th. And yes I'd be happy with that.

moomba said:
Shooter 83 said:
moomba
Blackburn finished in the top 10 twice under Souness too. I think Hughes did a good job at Blackburn, but people are making something out of it that just didn't happen.

Shocking Example. They was rock bottom when he went their, and turned them around into a solid top 10 team.

Eh? They played in the UEFA Cup in Souness last full season, I think they qualified through the league.

Hardly rock bottom.

Under Souness Rovers finished:

10th (01-02)
6th (02-03)
15th (03-04).

So when Hughes arrived, while not 'rock bottom', Rovers were certainly not in good shape. This was of course partly down to the sales of Duff and Dunn - though the funds were at least partly reinvested - but Souness undoubtedly left the club in bad shape (they escaped relegation in 03-04 by the skin of their teeth).

Under Hughes, their record was:

15th (04-05)
6th (05-06)
10th (06-07)
7th (07-08)

Additionally they reached the FA cup semi finals TWICE (which MCFC, you will note, have not managed since 1981), in 06-07 only being knocked out by Chelsea in extra time.

Furthermore he bought Bellamy, then sold him for a profit; brought in McCarthy, Mokoena, Warnock and Samba for a relative pittance, all of whom would've walked into MCFC teams of a similar vintage; and of course picked up RSC for not much cash. THere was also Bentley, who blossomed under Hughes and again was sold on for big money.

That doesn't mean that he is due an extension, or even that he should stay. But let's be honest with ourselves about the job he did at Blackburn. It was excellent. You can't spin it any other way no matter how hard you try. And he did a better job at Blackburn than Souness, especially given that he had nowhere near the same level of finance available to him.

The Portuguese manager is on the verge of losing his job with the Serie A giants. (Sunday
Mirror)

off the bbc site gossip .

But Mourinho wants to manage the Rags! he'll not come to City unless we have a lot stronger squad and have won the prem, he goes for the the easy life with ready made teams; just adds a player here and there and it's status quo!
Hughes and others have to do the hard work by building teams and that takes time! Thats why I think we should get behind Hughes and let him do his job!

Jose Mourinho on the brink of being axed by Inter Milan Exclusive By Paul Smith, sundaymirror.co.uk 8/03/2009

Jose Mourinho is on the brink of losing his job at Inter Milan.

The Special One is facing a makeor-break clash against Manchester United in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Mourinho is under enormous pressure to deliver the Champions League crown this season. Inter president Massimo Moratti fired Roberto Mancini after he landed three consecutive Serie A titles and cited underachievement in Europe as the reason.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Inter are currently well clear at the top of Serie A, but despite that Mourinho's relationship with Moratti and the Inter fans is increasingly strained.

Mourinho could walk straight into another job as it emerged last night that he is on a three-man short-list for the Real Madrid job with Liverpool's Rafa Benitez and Arsenal's Arsene Wenger.

i didnt say he was crap just said he was in the shite lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.