Hughes: We are not in a relegation battle.

TFC said:
How can it be called a relegation battle less than halfway into the season?

If we are still in 13th with 10 games left, then I would say its a 'battle', right now everybody is just jostling for position. Its a fooking marathon, not a sprint.

Are you stupid?

We are 3 points from bottom 3, we are in a nightmare run of results, our manager has obviously lost the plot regarding what is expected of a manager who has the prospect of spending £120m+, which is unheard of in January. what part of this do you not understand? Or will it only sink in when we are in the bottom 3?

RobsondeSouza said:
TFC said:

If we are still in 13th with 10 games left, then I would say its a 'battle', right now everybody is just jostling for position. Its a fooking marathon, not a sprint.

Are you stupid?

We are 3 points from bottom 3, we are in a nightmare run of results, our manager has obviously lost the plot regarding what is expected of a manager who has the prospect of spending £120m+, which is unheard of in January. what part of this do you not understand? Or will it only sink in when we are in the bottom 3?

5 points from 6th place.
Top of our UEFA cup group.
Long injury list to several of our most important players.
Opportunity for Hughes to prove what he can do in the transfer window with, for all intents and purposes, an unlimited budget, as opposed to the 5 minutes he had when the last window closed.

Fuck me, we're doomed.

Calm down. You'll do yourself a mischief.

Dobsy87 said:
RobsondeSouza said:
Jeez this guy takes the biscuit i know he is fighting to keep his job but to say we are not in the relegation fight is just plain stupid. Ok we are technically 4 points from the bottom 3 because of our goal difference but i'm sure you'll all agree the prospect of losing just 1 game and others winning 1 will bring us level on points with third bottom :( if this happens who knows how low we could actually fall and what effect this will have on the players.

I wonder when MH will wake up and have to guts to walk away and give us a chance to turn round the mess he has created, but i wont hold my breath as he will proberly wait to be sacked. I'm predicting we will actually see the likes of Robinho, Jo, Richards and SWP all looking to abandon the sinking ship MH has created at our club.

I find it interesting that your focus is on 'within two weeks we could be in the relegation zone' rather than that in two weeks we could be 7th.

Thats easy i have not seen or heard anything from the manager that i believe he can turn this disaster around, his tactics are awful his team choices border on taking the piss, the players have obviously given up fighing for him. Players openly channelling him in the press and questioning his mentallity regarding what is expected of a top 4 team.

Need i go on?

BingoBango said:
RobsondeSouza said:
Are you stupid?

5 points from 6th place.
Opportunity for Hughes to prove what he can do in the transfer window with, for all intents and purposes, an unlimited budget, as opposed to the 5 minutes he had when the last window closed.

Fuck me, we're doomed.

Last season...

13 points better of than we are now.
5th place in the league.
He will not be able to attract any good players just the donkies that he has been linked with.

RobsondeSouza said:
BingoBango said:
5 points from 6th place.

Fuck me, we're doomed.

Last season...

13 points better of than we are now.
5th place in the league.
He will not be able to attract any good players just the donkies that he has been linked with.

Which conveniently airbrushes out the turgid mess of the second half of last season. Who's to say this won't be last season in reverse? If last season was the other way around, would you have been jumping on Sven too?

As for not being able to attract decent players, how can you be so sure? He couldn't make worse buys than Sven did last January.

RobsondeSouza said:
TFC said:

Are you stupid?

You must be stupid not to get on odds of 48/1 with betfair for us to be relegated. If you feel so strongly that were going to get relegated why not put your money on it.

BingoBango said:
RobsondeSouza said:
Are you stupid?

5 points from 6th place.

Fuck me, we're doomed.

spot on. couldnt have put it any better myself

moomba said:
BobKowalski said:
To be honest I don't see us getting involved in a relegation battle but it was the quote in the Sunday Times that got me

"It was not a game we expected to win"

He said that?

Fuck me.

Yep. Had to read it several times to make sure I'd read it right.

Fascinating article on Roy Keane as well. Not that many on here will be interested I guess! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.