Hughes WILL get time at Manchester City

Corky said:
Hughes should get time.

City are the only club who can afford to go down, so with us the risk is far less.

If we go down we get rid of a few glory boys, get more matches and some probably some new grounds to visit.

With the money we would not be down for long, there is nothing to worry about.

It is very unlikely we will go down anyway.

That is crap on so many levels. Utter bollocks. With ambitious people like you, why do we need the Arabs anyway? Let's just plod forever.

Fallingbostel Blue said:
How many teams would of struggled with the amount of injuries we have had, thesquad is paper thin, Bojinov,Petrov and Johnson would of been regular starters if fit. I know we can't blame injuries but I do feel Hughes as not had much luck in that respect. When was the last time we fielded the same team in consecutive matches. I really feel he must be given time and he needs two seasons at least. We have shot ourselves in the foot time and time again with trying to get quick fixes.I hope he gets the support of the owners both wit time and money.

I see Bojinov's name keeps coming up as part of some kind of excuse for MH. I'm sorry guys but this just doesn't stand up. He's played about hour since we signed him, so how the hell can we miss him?

Hmmm, might seem a bit unrealistic but...

If it's true that ADUG are willing to stick with Hughes, and give him the money to spend, I wouldn't be suprised to see the players that aren't committed to the team and the manager, shipped out in January, at knock down prices, as a way for Hughes, and the owners to say, who's in charge.

If Hughes is here in January, I predict that, Elano, Jo, Ball, Johnson, Hamann, Gelson, Castillo, Benjani, and possibly a few others will be shown the door, and the Arabs will basically say, "go and buy a squad that wants to play for you"

There are many who have posted on this and other threads to the effect that MH is clueless. Whilst some of the selections and substitutions have left many fans perplexed, I believe that MH is far from being an idiot. The situation surrounding Ince and Hughes is quite similar. Hughes has managed an international side but only Wales - could they hack it in the Championship as a club team - doubt it, Blackburn at club level never had any real cash and MH managed on a shoe string - did quite well mind. Ince moves to a bigger club than he has experienced before (playing career set aside). Have they been promoted and employed in jobs which will prove beyond them? The game is up for Ince, but I think Hughes came here with his eyes wide open, and though he is a legacy of the previous regime, I am certain he understands what is required and is perfectly aware what the short, medium and long term plans are from the Arabs. I cannot think that he would jeopardise the best possible opportunity he has of establishing himself as a top line manager with a string of tough guy I'm in charge decisions which alienate class internationals, if they are not supported at board level. I can't think it would improve his future prospects in management (I understand the revolving door approach to football managment - some of them are never out of a job for long despite appalling track records) if he buggers up this one.

n_mcfc said:
Hmmm, might seem a bit unrealistic but...

If it's true that ADUG are willing to stick with Hughes, and give him the money to spend, I wouldn't be suprised to see the players that aren't committed to the team and the manager, shipped out in January, at knock down prices, as a way for Hughes, and the owners to say, who's in charge.

If Hughes is here in January, I predict that, Elano, Jo, Ball, Johnson, Hamann, Gelson, Castillo, Benjani, and possibly a few others will be shown the door, and the Arabs will basically say, "go and buy a squad that wants to play for you"

What buy a whole team? In a month? And even if by some miracle this happens we have to mould them into a team etc etc

Yes it does seem a bit unrealistic

Would it not be easier to ask the question

"Why do these players not want to play for you Mr Hughes?"

And then find a new manager if the answer is less than satisfactory

ManCityFC said:
Corky said:
Hughes should get time.

City are the only club who can afford to go down, so with us the risk is far less.

If we go down we get rid of a few glory boys, get more matches and some probably some new grounds to visit.

With the money we would not be down for long, there is nothing to worry about.

It is very unlikely we will go down anyway.

That is crap on so many levels. Utter bollocks. With ambitious people like you, why do we need the Arabs anyway? Let's just plod forever.

On the contray.

He needs to be given a chance to improve and progress.

Were as those afraid of relegation get Big Sam.

I do not panic.

This sucks, sadly I agree I think he will get at least another month which will no doubt include signing a group of low quality "Hughes type players" whom will of course prove no better than those that are playing now, and those that think Hughes should get more time will still point to the players from Brazil and say "it's all their fault, even if they are fucking sold! We have already had a number of posts blaiming them for todays performance and not one of them was even on the bench!

SUGAR0904_468x497.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.