Hulk

I wouldn't mind us getting Him just so that we can say We have the Incredible Hulk.

The only thing this guy has got going for him is his name, decidedly average when playing against prem sides, hope they spunk a shit load on him.

The_Mo said:
I wouldn't mind us getting Him just so that we can say We have the Incredible Hulk.

It wouldn't be a boast for long - he's anything but incredible.

nmc said:
The_Mo said:

How many games have you seen him play? He must be good if he cost 50mill just last season and is the subject of a 35mill bid from the greatest manager in football today. (I dont personally like Jose Mourinho but respect what he has achieved)

Cavani is better.
So we need to buy Cavani.

In fact even if we don't I think I'd rather we kept Dzeko and got him the kind of service he likes. With Navas and Fernandinho and possibly Isco I think we could see a rejuvenated Dzeko this season.

Then again, he might still miscontrol it and scuff tame shots wide in the first game and we'll all wish we'd signed a new striker!

The_Mo said:
nmc said:
The_Mo said:

How many games have you seen him play? He must be good if he cost 50mill just last season and is the subject of a 35mill bid from the greatest manager in football today. (I dont personally like Jose Mourinho but respect what he has achieved)

I have watched hulk play, especially in Europe on numerous occassions.
I have also watched him on national team duty.
He is not a bad player but he is massively overhyped.
No where near Tevez, Hazard, Mata, silva.
Also very selfish which can be good but mostly bad, he can be easily marked out of a game.
He started well but he has hit a plateau, it would be a huge gamble

I think Dzeko will do very well under Pellegrini with Navas, Isco and Fernandinho in the team. VERY well... like Wolfsburg level well.

avoidconfusion said:
I think Dzeko will do very well under Pellegrini with Navas, Isco and Fernandinho in the team. VERY well... like Wolfsburg level well.

That would also be a huge gamble.
Dzeko, you can't trust him but you can definitely not rule him out.
We need a dependable striker.

Jack Wills said:
Cavani is better.
So we need to buy Cavani.

In fact even if we don't I think I'd rather we kept Dzeko and got him the kind of service he likes. With Navas and Fernandinho and possibly Isco I think we could see a rejuvenated Dzeko this season.

Then again, he might still miscontrol it and scuff tame shots wide in the first game and we'll all wish we'd signed a new striker!

For me we create lots of chances for Edin, some good and some bad, and with the addition of Navas it will no doubt open play up and feed him service which he should thrive on.

However, Dzeko's biggest issue in my opinion is his touch and work rate, and these attributes are why he is not world class, and it is these two issues why us City fans get so annoyed with him at times.

Cavani on the hand seems to have Tevez like work rate, tracks back, better mobility and pace and looks a better poacher.

Cavani is a must if we want to improve our front line, him and Kun could potentially be one of if not the best striker duo in world football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.