Hungary v England | World Cup Qualifier

This should not be the way we play but this is the consequence of having a very limited southgate as the manager which means our entire gameplan is to just wait for our wide men in this case sterling and Grealish to do something from nothing and neither have done enough this half.

On paper our midfield is about 3 levels below the rest and it shows on the pitch. I don't understand why southgate insists on playing a way that relys on the midfield doing well to get our better players in the game in good posiitons. If you're noticeably weak in one area, surely you come up with a game plan that has minimal reliance on them.

Giving this imposter a new contract and ruining the best pool of talent we've had in 50/60 years, possibly ever should be criminal.
You have summed up Southgate's inadequacies very well. Can you send it to FA HQ..

This match is reminding me again why I rarely watch international football.

England don’t have one single proper midfielder playing. Rice plays central defender, Mount centre forward, and Phillips just runs round kicking people.

We need two of Bellingham, Foden (I know he’s injured for this one) or someone else who can work the ball in tight areas.

It's not even the personnel that's the issue, although I don't think any of them are necessarily world-beaters. Rice plays much more box-to-box for West Ham, Phillips plays in a high-pressing passing side for Bielsa, and Mount is much, much better than he looks here. It's the stodgy, insipid, conservative style of play that's the biggest problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.