Hurling on Sky

To be fair, it was a dire game. Kilkenny are a class side, but Offaly were absolutely atrocious. I'm sure the powers that be at Sky were hoping for more of a contest than they got yesterday.

I saw a bit of it yesterday. It was like watching an open age team against a bunch of Under 13's.

What I've always thought about Hurling, aswell as Gaelic Football and Aussie Rules, is they would be far more entertaining without the option to whack it a mile over the bar for a point, everytime they got within sight of the goal.

Why do they bother with that shit and not just have goals?

I know what you mean, but it keeps the games fairly tight a lot of the time, making for some exciting endings and you never get any boring scoreless matches

Watching the final in Kerry. Pubs are rammed.

It’s ace.

Don’t want to show my ignorance. Why is 3-21 to 1-27 a draw please? :).

Really enjoying this and have the football final to watch in Galway next week with Galway in the final!

By the way @One Fan Clapping, I hope you're not expecting the football to be played at the same ferocious pace as the hurling. It will seem pedestrian in comparison. Hurling is seen by many as the fastest field sport in the world.

And Galway will be manic next Sunday, if they beat Armagh. AND the Galway races to follow, starting the day after!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.