Hurricane # 1

Mad Eyed Screamer

First hurricane of the season in Florida is on its way...... Tuesday and Wednesday. Tampa Bay could be the target which is obviously a concern as my mobile home probably wouldn't cope....
I won't be at home but at work 90 miles away which is 45 miles north of Orlando (I stay at work Tuesday to Saturday) so will have no idea what's going on at home unless a neighbour calls me......

Good luck to all Blues in the path of it

First hurricane of the season in Florida is on its way...... Tuesday and Wednesday. Tampa Bay could be the target which is obviously a concern as my.mobile home probably wouldn't cope....
I won't be at home but at work 90 miles away which is 45 miles north of Orlando (I stay at work Tuesday to Saturday) so will have no idea what's going on at home unless a neighbour calls me......

Good luck to all Blues in the path of it
Good luck, is your Morrisey collection in a safe place ? And don't forget to take the original Eggheads photo with you.

*What you need is a couple of cctv cameras connected to the interweb so you can see your house shaking :)

Good luck, is your Morrisey collection in a safe place ? And don't forget to take the original Eggheads photo with you.

*What you need is a couple of cctv cameras connected to the interweb so you can see your house shaking :)
Sadly my Morrissey collection was all sold prior to emigrating 12 years ago......
But the Eggheads picture lives on.....

It's just started to piss it down. I'm up at 4am driving two students to Orlando Airport..... as long as the airport remains open. A friend told me Tampa Airport is closing at midnight

Hope @Mad Eyed Screamer and other blues in Florida and Georgia stay safe and dry as Hurricane Idalia (Category 3) sweeps through.
093940_key_messages_sm.png

All is good here. Woke up maybe 20 mins ago and the storm passed Tampa / Orlando and is about to hit the Tallahassee area.
Lots of wind and rain probably for most of the day and chances of flooding but thankfully my home is half way up a gentle slope so it all flows down into the creek at the bottom.

Last edited:
I've been out there a few times with work (pan handle). There have been a couple of close calls with hurricane's.

Hopefully everyone is safe, but especially our resident Blues.

Was in Miami for a tropical storm quite a few years ago. Wind wasn’t too bad but the thunder, lightning and rain were quite spectacular. One of the most intense storms I’ve seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.