Hyde United Wound Up

wheres tameside councill in all this? the money there raking in? new charter could have helped out as well ie sponsorship or whatever?

disley blue boy said:
really sad about that , when i lived in denton ,i used to watch them when city played away , their 1982 treble winning team was awsome ,players like barney daniels , david holt ,and george ogahni who used to be on the 211 bus from denton to hyde with us on the way to the game.i had,nt kept up with them for years ,and just assumed that they were getting along fine .

Shame to hear about Hyde`s fianancial problems, i`m sure someone will stump up the
dough to keep them going. I played on their pitch regulary in the 80`s when it was artificial turf and my uncle turned out for them in the 70`s.
Its great see the legend Barney Daniels get a mention, he is held in the highest esteem
over at Ashton United and played for City around the 73/74 season.

Being an original Ashton lad so knowing all about the rivaly it's probably about time that TMBC made some sort of effort to get a League team by pulling all the teams together as something like Tameside Borough and playing at Ashton Moss.

Sad news for the local game. I used to go down there with my Dad. I also remember going to watch the Manchester Spartans American Football team there when they had the plastic pitch. Some great pre-pubescant memories of watching the cheerleaders bouncing up and down.

blue b4 the moon said:
Being an original Ashton lad so knowing all about the rivaly it's probably about time that TMBC made some sort of effort to get a League team by pulling all the teams together as something like Tameside Borough and playing at Ashton Moss.

Its a great idea and its been talked about many times before but you won`t even get the
2 Ashton teams to sit around the same table never mind the other 4 clubs.
They are very proud of their respective rivalries, histories and traditions and would never consider the proposal.

I just hope they dont fold and then the Rag shite FC Shite of Shitechester buy the ground and make Hyde their home!!!!

mancunial said:
wheres tameside councill in all this? the money there raking in? new charter could have helped out as well ie sponsorship or whatever?

Eating prawn sandwiches over at stalybridge celtic!

not over for them yet !!

The latest position with regards to the winding up order is as follows:

I consulted with solicitors on Thursday morning, and established that there is an opportunity to go back to the High Court with a request that the winding-up order be rescinded. This has to be done within 7 days, but practically will need to happen by Monday at the latest. The club will have to have in place funds to pay the petition debt of around £122,000 in full, plus related legal costs, which may be significant, and be able to convince the court that it is sufficiently solvent to continue to trade. We will have a much improved chance if we can also convince the Official Receiver. There are no guarantees, because at the end of the day it is the decision of the judge, who has to safeguard all the club's creditors not just HMRC. The club needs to raise around £35,000 over the next couple of days, but this is not impossible. Obviously any help, no matter how small would be greatly appreciated. The funds will be placed in a solicitors clients' account and will be returned in the event of the order not being rescinded. Please PM me if you are interested. Cheques can not be made out to Hyde United.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.