Hypothetical event.

C_T_I_D

Now here me out, I'm not being negative, I just want to know what you think.

- Terry rejects us and signs new deal at Chelsea.

- We sign Lescott for £20,000,000 and give them first option on a £6,000,000 purchase of Jo @ the end of the season cutting our losses to the tune of £13,000,000.

- Hughes comes out and announces that we have finished in the transfer market and will be making no more additions and will be now aiming to trim the squad numbers down considerably.

Would this be a total disaster?

No, i don't think it would be a disaster and it is a probable outcome. If we don't get Terry and Lescott, i'd surprised if that was the end of our spending to be honest

it would not be a total disaster but by the looks of it if we can not get one target they go for another.

hughes will definitely buy 2 central defenders i have no doubt,it seems what ever plan they have they are sticking to and wont stray from it either.

I think if we signed Lescott and Toure [Baring in mind he has the African Nations in Jan] then we are laughing. Plus that makes Arsenal even weaker and smaller as a Squad. I still think Terry is using us for a Contract.

This time last year we had bought Jo and TBH and then were told no more transfers in spite of being obviously weak in many positions. Then we heard that Ireland and Corluka were being sold without the managers position.
That was far closer to total disaster than the scenario of only getting Lescott on top of what we have. The squad is not perfectly balanced maybe but it is still a lot better than most that will start the season and hugely better than anything I could of hoped for a year ago.

No, because if we get lescott and terry stays at chelsea (which he probably will) then theres no point going for anyone else because that would be buying for the sake of numbers, theres no world class centre back who we will get this summer. The squad still wouldnt have a world class centre half (because although lescott is quality & i want him, hes a long way from being considered amongst the elite centre backs in world football) and i dont reckon theres anyone else available whos much better than Kompany/Onouha.

Matt.D said:
No, because if we get lescott and terry stays at chelsea (which he probably will) then theres no point going for anyone else because that would be buying for the sake of numbers, theres no world class centre back who we will get this summer. The squad still wouldnt have a world class centre half (because although lescott is quality & i want him, hes a long way from being considered amongst the elite centre backs in world football) and i dont reckon theres anyone else available whos much better than Kompany/Onouha.

I agree (but i would like 2 more)

Not many people have picked up on Kompany as a leader and CB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.