I couldn't care less about 4th place now...

allyboy

I've waited most of my life for a trophy and we are on the verge.
I cried my eyes out in '81 when the bearded Argie danced past Caton and Reid.

I want a title challenge next year without the distractions of a european cup we are not ready to win.

That will come in the next 5 years.

FA cup please in 3 weeks
title challenge next year
CL year after.

we are bloody obsessed with this 4th place and it could screw up our fa cup campaign.

thoughts on a possible CL campaign next year?
me, not fussed as we are not together enough as a team to go far in it.

I think the team came of age in that semi final we looked very strong in the second half and i dont think ive seen anyone break utds resolve so convincingly all season. Cl will only make us stronger :)

But, if we win the FA Cup or finish 5th we qualify for the Thursday night league which is potentially more matches than the chumps.
Plus, if we qualify for the chumps, that tournament brings in far more money than the Thursday league, so helps us on the Fair Play and also raises the profile of the club hugely.
This season will be deemed as almost a total failure if we do not finish in the top four.

The Pink Panther said:
But, if we win the FA Cup or finish 5th we qualify for the Thursday night league which is potentially more matches than the chumps.
Plus, if we qualify for the chumps, that tournament brings in far more money than the Thursday league, so helps us on the Fair Play and also raises the profile of the club hugely.
This season will be deemed as almost a total failure if we do not finish in the top four.

^this. in a nutshell.

We will do both this season now....not a problem at all

14 points to us ( worse case scenario) thats 2 draws, at Everton and home to Spurs

Spurs will get 11 more points at tops

City 70 pts

Spurs 65 pts

The Pink Panther said:

100% this.

Romance of the cup is great but in any other season than this.

Deffinately want 4th place or higher, the difference it will mean to players looking at our club as an attractive prospect cant be understated. You may be looking at this seasons squad and be questioning would we have enough to compete on all fronts next season, but our squad for next season if we get 4th would be improved. Without having a crystal ball i dont see how you can evaluate us and think we wouldnt beable to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.