I.D. Cards... if only they had 'em in Bombay

I've got nothing against ID cards per se, it's the cost of the scheme that really fcuks me off. Think of it this way... call a halt to the ID card scheme & there'd be no need for congestion charging in Manchester and there would still be plenty of cash left over for a huge investment in to public transport in the area.

johnny on the spot said:
I have no intention of carrying an ID card, compulsory or otherwise.

the current plan is that they won't be compulsory. the catch is that you won't be able to get a passport, open a bank account, etc, etc without one. the only way to stop this crap is to vote out this government in the next election which will take place in 2010 at the latest.

The myth we are free as people will hopefully, once and for all, be put to bed with the introduction of ID cards.

Sit down, shut up, love your country.

Love is all.

bluemanc said:
I've nothing to hide so i don't mind ID cards or even DNA samples taken from everyone,it's just the bloody cost.

It's not about "hiding" anything, but there's a right to privacy! What if someone suddenly decides that your currently "lawful" personal activity is now illegal..? Drinking too much alcohol, posting your views on the internet, travelling too fast in your car at ALL times, membership of any party, union or institution...?

We have passports, driving licences, debit cards etc.... Why something else?

Go back to sleep... Your Government is in control...

-dabz- said:
jimharri said:
That takes me back dabz!
20060926-DastardlyMuttley.jpg
I always wished I could do Muttleys laugh...;O)

I always wished that too, but now, after 30yrs of smoking....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.