I don't remember it being this bent in 1976-77 season

I've watched football for decades, and I have to say, this year more than any other year by far that I can remember, the referee's seem to have influenced the outcome of so many games, and I mean right across the board, not just the 'Sky 4' (although they seem to still benefit the most) we aswell have benefitted, we've also moved up that pecking order without a shadow of a doubt, something needs sorting.

If i remember rightly we played liverpool on boxing day that season, 1-1 at the time fog everywhere can't remember the player who headed it but it went over the line ref and linesman could'nt see it because of the fog would have made it 2-1 to us and by rights we should have won the league that season by a point. So even the weather was bent in them days.

awest said:
When we came 2nd to Liverpool. Mind you there was a lot less money in the game then.

Don't you believe it, visiting players had to be practically maimed to get a pen in front of the Kop.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm --<br /><br />
bluezamo said:
If i remember rightly we played liverpool on boxing day that season, 1-1 at the time fog everywhere can't remember the player who headed it but it went over the line ref and linesman could'nt see it because of the fog would have made it 2-1 to us and by rights we should have won the league that season by a point. So even the weather was bent in them days.

My memory is of a cold, frosty but clear night when we drew 1-1 with the dippers, though the conditions did cause Dave Watson's o.g.

even the rags had a moral code back then and sacked their giggsy manager

no extra points for pure raggyness though unlike today

brad the blue said:
awest said:
I've only been watching united games recently and noticed that the commentators commentate directly to united fans. I'ts like city tv when you watch the highlights. Quite scary really the influence that sky have in the game.

-- Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 pm --

brad the blue said:
Remember we had a goal disallowed against Ipswich. We ended up losing 1-0. Tueart scored.

Yes but was it as corrupt as it is today, who benefited financially?

Wasn't as corrupt. The dippers benefited as usual.

Dippers on benefits? Nah, can't see it myself...

;-)

bluezamo said:

The ref must have mist it.

lafitz2008 said:
bluezamo said:

The ref must have mist it.

He didn't have the foggiest what was going on.

I gave up worrying about it when Dowd blew for a penalty when the ball spun off Micah's foot and onto his hand.

Looked round at my mate and we were both thinking the exact same things, no words were exchanged, just a risible smile knowing we would be getting nothing this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.