I hate to say I told you so, but....

Some total bollocks in this thread. Mark Hughes is giving info to journalists ? He wants to offload Robinho and get Ribery and is dropping subtle hints to Journos?

BWAHAHA!!!!

....and said journo does what he's asked rather than go with the " EXCLUSIVE! HUGHES THINKS ROBINHO IS A TOSSER AND WANTS RIBERY INSTEAD

YCNMIU

BillyShears said:
mike o said:
BillyShears said:
Anyway, onto my my question for Didsbury Dave and few others...even if Ribery is brought in to "replace" Robbie, just out of curiousity, what would be the logic in selling him? We would inevitably have to take a significant hit on his transfer fee, and in one fell swoop, by selling him, we'd be seriously weakening our squad. Surely it would make more sense to just bring more, better, players in - and to keep him?

Because if we sign ribery robbie wont get a game and will sulk and cause untold problems

If he isnt sure of a starting place week in week out then use him as a makeweight to tempt the likes of bayern/milan into selling ribery/kaka etc

Personally id rather see us sign someone else as i think Petrov will be unreal in this side next season

Mate, at best we'll be playing UEFA Cup football next season - which will mean as many games as this season. We're going to need a proper good squad if we want to push the top 4...and retain the UEFA Cup...;- )

Personally, I simply do not believe he'll be sold...I guess time will tell...

Id love him to stay and us to find a formation that can accomadate him and petrov once their both fit

If we can add a couple more to the squad then fantastic but if we sign ribery i fear the worse for robbie

Whod have thought 2 years ago id be trying to decide if ribery could play in the same city side as robinho!

mike o said:
BillyShears said:
Anyway, onto my my question for Didsbury Dave and few others...even if Ribery is brought in to "replace" Robbie, just out of curiousity, what would be the logic in selling him? We would inevitably have to take a significant hit on his transfer fee, and in one fell swoop, by selling him, we'd be seriously weakening our squad. Surely it would make more sense to just bring more, better, players in - and to keep him?

Because if we sign ribery robbie wont get a game and will sulk and cause untold problems

If he isnt sure of a starting place week in week out then use him as a makeweight to tempt the likes of bayern/milan into selling ribery/kaka etc

Personally id rather see us sign someone else as i think Petrov will be unreal in this side next season
why do you believe Robbie would not get a game? I think that is incorrect. And Petrov is an unproven quantity untill we see how he reacts to the rehab

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.