I have no Idea what our Strongest team will be....

ElanJo said:
beanie the horse said:
Not bad at all. I'd put Silva in Milner's position and Robinho behind Carlos and Ade.

Yaya to control the midfield on his own? He's good but that that good ;)

Five defensive players and five attack minded players sounds equal to me. I don't think we are going to get very far playing a two man defensive midfield. We need to start imposing ourselves on teams rather than trying to hit them on the break.

---------------Given

Boateng----Kolo----Kompany----Kolarov

-----------Yaya------Barry

-A.Johnson-----Tevez--------Silva

--------------Adebayor

First game of the season against a team away from home that we didn't take any points off last season which ultimately cost us Chumps League football. Won't happen this season as the Italian mentality will firmly be in place. So my 2 pence worth this is what the team will be:

---------------Hart (Given won't be fully fit and won't be risked)

Kolo----Kompany----Lescot----Kolarov

-----------------De Jong

--------Yaya---------------Barry

---------Tevez-------------------Silva

--------------------Adebayor

zeven said:
I'm glad i'm not Mancini :)

The team will be picked out of form,opponent, and injuries!

Exactimundo. How often will ALL players be fit?
U need DEPTH to win ships. Look at Chelski last year.

----------------Hart--------------------
boateng--Kompany---Lescott---kolarov
Johnson--Toure.Y.---Barry---Bellamy
---------Tevez----Ade-----------

Silva may be better than Bellamy, but he needs to prove it first. Beller's was top-notch for us last season.

[quote-"analog blue"][/quote]
oooh, asymmetric. I thought about that exact formation but Silva isn't at his best stuck out on the wing. for the wonky 4-4-2, I like milner at left-central attack, Silva inside right with licence to roam... still, quite well thought out, and a good balance. 9 out of 10. tbh, 6 of those are just because it's not YET ANOTHER 4-1-5 formation.

the midfield is where the game should be won and lost. you can't control a game if you aren't on top there, and that means numbers, phsyical presence, and passing ability (first to keep the ball, secondly, if you can't pass it out of the midfield to the wide boys and forwards, then whats the point in winning it).

I'll get slated for this, usual foaming about 'defensive' midfielders, but this works for me:

------------Given
Zab-Boateng-Lescott-Kolarov
-\/------Kompany--------\/
-----Toure---Barry/Milner----
-----------Silva----------------
----Tevez------Adebayor-----

Kompany over De Jong for distribution, I also think he is slightly more reliable at covering. De Jong is a better tackler but he wanders out of the centre a little too easily. I want the fullbacks to provide the width, and I prefer the anchor man to slot into the back four, so one CB can cover the absent fullback. De Jong is better suited to chasing the opponent out wide himself. Vinnie, Toure and the other box-to-boxer are physically imposing, can all trap a ball and have a great range of passing. Toure can provide the drive through the centre, Barry is free to pull strings and get further up, where his left foot becomes a bit of a weapon. Silva is just roaming free, facilitating accurate high-tempo passing moves. Tevez can drop into deeper central areas, to get the ball, turn and run at the defence, or he can drift onto the right... and Ade likes working the left.

so far so good. but RB could be improved, and tbh I'd want one more really gnarly CB.... and another playmaker, we can't rely on the new boy to give us a 60 game season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.