I hope the Porto home leg attracts the lowest attendance

An early kickoff might mean that our lot stay until the final whistle. None of the usual excuses about having to leave early because the kids have school the next day and it's SO late.

Would have thought more folk would have preferred an earlier kickoff, but maybe not so early as 1700. Go straight from work, catch a couple of hours of footie, then plenty of time to either get home or go to the pub. Is there, perhaps, a problem because of the lack of drinking time before the game? Do we have to be blind drunk to watch City?

Have never understood why the evening kickoffs have to be so damned late. It's bad enough in the UK with a 1945/2000 kickoff, but for the rest of Europe, those times are an hour later. Makes for some late nights!

WNRH said:
I love watching us at the minute, i never want it to stop but i am utterley fucked off with "modern football" as the phrase goes.

I've had my little moan about ticket prices, not just at city but all over the UK. The shit atmospheres, being viewed as third class citizens for simply watching a football game by the authorities and the general treated like shit and like mugs by those who run the game.

Part of this is down to us football fans, especially in this country where we have bent over backwards and taken anything that has been thrown at us no matter how cheeky or out of order it is.

But now we are having to be forced to play a great european tie at 5pm or 6pm on a weeknight because we clash with another team in the city and it cannot clash with their precious Champions League ties. Talk about fucking the fans over for their sponsors. I reckon if we had played Wednesday night at 8:05pm we would have had 40k there, now at 5pm or 6pm we are looking at less than 20k. Which is better for the sponsors? To see their name in lights at prime time with a full stadium, or in a half empty stadium at a time when no one will watch it.

I hope it attracts a record low crowd at "the etihad" which i think is currently 17k, it won't affect the lads on the pitch, we haven't lost in 12 months against better sides with shit atmosphere's so whether there is 40k or 15k it won't make a difference. It's about time fans started leaving their shitty bed sheet or scarf protests and started voting with their feet and zipped up wallets

Rant over, now i hope we batter Arsenal tomorrow "Van Persie is ourrrrrrrrs, you are our feeder club, Van Persie is ours"

Do you honestly believe for one moment that a French twat who is in charge of UEFA is going to listen ?
You`re deluded if you think otherwise !

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
Only thing a 17:00 kick off has. I work nights & won't have to take the night off. Plus I won't have to queue for a pie at half time. But my lad will have to come out of school early. Have to say he's going to the dentist. Plus I'll have to walk half a block to talk about the match with another fan. Rather take the night off!

I'm a Wag Officer, I'll be looking for your lad amongst the 35,000 or so attending. We're Blues, we'll be there.

What a depressing thread.

I'll be going to support my team and if you can't be arsed, that's fine, but don't try and rationalise it as a fight for the greater good.

I've been having rants like this for a while lol. I'm sure that in a few years when ticket prices go up and people have to watch their spending more, that la liga and the premier league will realise where they've fucked up and how they've ruined football.

WNRH said:
I love watching us at the minute, i never want it to stop but i am utterley fucked off with "modern football" as the phrase goes.

I've had my little moan about ticket prices, not just at city but all over the UK. The shit atmospheres, being viewed as third class citizens for simply watching a football game by the authorities and the general treated like shit and like mugs by those who run the game.

Part of this is down to us football fans, especially in this country where we have bent over backwards and taken anything that has been thrown at us no matter how cheeky or out of order it is.

But now we are having to be forced to play a great european tie at 5pm or 6pm on a weeknight because we clash with another team in the city and it cannot clash with their precious Champions League ties. Talk about fucking the fans over for their sponsors. I reckon if we had played Wednesday night at 8:05pm we would have had 40k there, now at 5pm or 6pm we are looking at less than 20k. Which is better for the sponsors? To see their name in lights at prime time with a full stadium, or in a half empty stadium at a time when no one will watch it.

I hope it attracts a record low crowd at "the etihad" which i think is currently 17k, it won't affect the lads on the pitch, we haven't lost in 12 months against better sides with shit atmosphere's so whether there is 40k or 15k it won't make a difference. It's about time fans started leaving their shitty bed sheet or scarf protests and started voting with their feet and zipped up wallets

Rant over, now i hope we batter Arsenal tomorrow "Van Persie is ourrrrrrrrs, you are our feeder club, Van Persie is ours"

and we ran out of chips a few weeks back, lets get back to the 80's when the ticket prices were dirt cheap, we kicked off at 3 every Sat, the food on offer was a pepper and gristle growler or a gristle and pepper growler and we were treated excellently by the nations police force up and down the country!!

RyantheBlue said:
LOL 40k if it kicked off at 8.

Give it a rest.
There will be less than 32k there regardless of time.
All of our EL games had more than that last season, even against Salzburg. So how do you work that one out?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.