I 'll say it

Ive slept on that performance now and i'm still absolutely gutted.

Wigan were a better team on the day and deserved the win. I hope they now get relegated and Dave Whelan can crawl back in his hole.

Right throughout the team we lacked desire and discipline. The players were out fought and out muscled. Bobby didn't make the correct substitutions but in all honesty I don't think that would have made one ounce of difference if it had been someone else taken off when Tevez went.

I don't understand how the team could not get up for the game but I sensed it as soon as the game kicked off. Wigan were in our faces and we couldn't handle it. Really disappointed, just want the season to end, sort out what's happening with Bobby or not, get a few players in, ship a few out and then start all over again. After last seasons highs we have really been brought back down to earth with a bump.

This is how it feels to be City............

Over the years seen teams get to the FA Cup Final and have nothing else to play for switch off, play rubbish in the final this is what happen to us. To compound it the manager has been resting players and this has made them worse, they are footballers and need to play if they get injured then well with our squad cope with it. IMHO should have been playing his strongest side and treating each game as a rehearsal I've been worried for weeks that today would happen and it did, can't suddenly switch on The opposition have had a cup final every game we've been on holiday

Guys to me it seemed like a side who knows they are going to be dismantled playing for a manager who might not be there next season, the heartbreak was a side that didn't play for the fans that is what I could not stand?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I got slated about 2 months ago when I called Silva's performances,body language.I said he wants to go home to Spain and after seeing his performance yesterday still believe this fact.

This is not a fact, it is your opinion. Are players not allowed to lose form? What I saw yesterday was a team that played at a slow tempo. Wigan narrowed the game when we had the ball and stretched it when they had the ball - they got there tactics right. I saw a lot of City players who had poor games, but I didn't see a lack of effort. A lot of people seem to be confusing the two. And yes I was there.

Lets be grateful Wigan put out a weakened side or they really could have hammered us.

This game in some ways reminded me of the renowned QPR game when expectations were huge and we played pitifully. We came within seconds that day of total humiliation but had a miracle escape because the players wanted it more despite the managers lack of intervention.
Yesterday the players didn't want it & again the manager had no influence on the result apart from making it worse.

Barry was comfortably our best player. Made plenty of tackles and blocks and a few good passes. He made a mistake for the red card but other than that it was exactly the kind of performance that wins him praise when the rest of the team play well.

What stood out to me is that Tevez, Nasri, Aguero and Silva are all the same player. Small and skilful. We have no variety and when plan A doesn't work we're fucked. Should have persisted with a back three and made more use of Dzeko and Sinclair this season. Anyone we sign in the summer has to be markedly different from what we have.

masterwig said:
Barry was comfortably our best player. Made plenty of tackles and blocks and a few good passes. He made a mistake for the red card but other than that it was exactly the kind of performance that wins him praise when the rest of the team play well.

What stood out to me is that Tevez, Nasri, Aguero and Silva are all the same player. Small and skilful. We have no variety and when plan A doesn't work we're fucked. Should have persisted with a back three and made more use of Dzeko and Sinclair this season. Anyone we sign in the summer has to be markedly different from what we have.
Barry was bypassed time after time, yesterday. Made one real commendable tackle after Kompany fucked up in the 1st half but not much else. And that pass was so, so unbelievably stupid.

I agree on the front four although you can have four small and skilful players it just needs to balanced. Unfortunately, both Tevez and Aguero look to occupy the same space and neither Nasri or Silva are wingers so are always going to congregate in the middle.

hallstreetblue said:
jma said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
I was going to do the same as well...... I have been a blue since having Peter Reid visit my primary school for a training session back in 1984 (Northenden)

It was a disgrace today

An Evertonian?

Or did you find Reid to be such a cliched clown that you decided to support City because at least he didn't play for them?

Am I too thick to follow what you've put ere, or do you seriously not remember Peter Reid playin in our colours?

He's correct because you said you met Reid in 1984 - but he was at Everton at that time. He was at City between 1990 and 1993.

I'm convinced Mancini still has a personal vendetta against Tevez. Tevez' reaction when coming off spelled trouble. I don't think they can both be here next year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.