'I Only wanted To Play Football'

DaddyDaveedo

Hey guys, I've spoken to Ric about this and got permission to post this up on here.

What it is is my missus step-dad use to play professional football for teams such as Everton, Wigan, Blackpool, Ports Vale and a few others as well as playing for the Republic of Ireland national team and he has wrote a book about his time as a footballer and I wanted to make people aware as its a brilliant read full of funny stories and his time as a footballer

I know he hasn't played for Manchester City, but the book is a funny read that any football or non-football fan would enjoy plus he has played along side some ex-city players like Brian Kidd, Asa Hartford, Imre Varadi and When Mike Summerbee was manager of Stockport County Eamonn was a player he tried to sign but Eamonn went to Everton instead.

He always has me in stitches when he talks about his days as a footballer and the books such a good read I just want people to be aware of this as we've just put it on the Kindle and Kobo.

There is also a very funny and interesting story about when he got signed to a club in Saudi Arabia and the president of the club took him all over europe in the pre season only to then declare his love for him.

(Eamonn has said lets hope our owner doesn't take any of our players on a trip round europe, lol)

So in closing this isn't some bot or a agent or professional seller, this is just a City fan who's father in-law(type thing, lol) has a book out which I wanna try getting out there for as many football fans as possible.

So the book is available on Amazon's Kindle or on Kobo just search for
'I Only Wanted To Play Football - Eamonn O'Keefe'
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Only-Wanted...BH7E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346969134&sr=8-2

http://www.kobobooks.com/search/search.html?q="...I+Only+Wanted+To+Play+Football"

Image.ashx

Thank you for your time :)

Dave

I played with his son Paul and nephew Karl for Boundary Park Juniors, both were great players, especially Karl

I'll pass these messages on to Eamonn, He'll be pleased. Also just thought would add this that I missed off the original post but thought was worth posting. :)

“Many of today’s footballers live their lives like
Hollywood film stars. The story of Eamonn
O'Keefe’s life could be the script of a Hollywood
film but there would be only one problem – nobody would believe it was a true story! I can assure you it
is. You couldn't make it up if you tried!” – Howard Wilkinson, Ex-England manager and current
chairman of the League Managers Association

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.