I prefer foreign women to British women

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an expat, but I generally find myself gravitating towards British women. It's just so much better to not have to explain every single cultural reference or feel like you're excluding them when you're in a group. But being an expat you obviously get a specific demographic of British women. For a start, you won't meet anyone without a degree, and anyone who's travelled half way around the world to work, probably has their shit together to some extent. They're not the sort of people you get back home who spend all of their time talking about things they'd love to do, then coming up with excuses as to why they can't do it, which is what most people who stay in my town past university age do. Probably a slightly better selection in Manchester.

I've been out with local (Vietnamese) women too, but it's often like going out with a teenage girl. I'll never forget the first time a 23 year old told me that she had to be back before midnight or her parents would be angry. I've never been out with someone from a culture that's still fairly similar to the UK, just different enough to be interesting. But I have a pretty sarcastic sense of humour, that only British women seem to get. The Americans I know probably think I'm a prick.

Only ever been out with someone who wasn't English once and I had a blissful 5 months with an Afrikaner - he was all man and excellent manners. Those guys know how to treat a lady :)

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BlueBearBoots said:
Only ever been out with someone who wasn't English once and I had a blissful 5 months with an Afrikaner - he was all man and excellent manners. Those guys know how to treat a lady :)

They sure do - four shots through a locked bathroom door is some serious foreplay.
Did yours have his own legs?

Haha

BlueBearBoots said:

They sure do - four shots through a locked bathroom door is some serious foreplay.

Haha hmmm yes they've changed somewhat since I was there!!! And yes he had all his body parts! ;)

BlueBearBoots said:

Haha you rascal

BlueBearBoots said:

Bwahaha, on form tonight mate.

You know me mate - one of life's fence-sitters.
I just think choosing to avoid an entire race, or culture, or whatever is a bit irrational, especially if you base it on a sample group of one ex-partner.
But there you go - people are strange, as Mr Morrison once sang.

I'd agree in principal but you could argue that many races or cultures do have personality traits and mannerisms that could often help define a personality. Dating an Eastern European woman is likely to be a different experience than dating a Chinese woman or an Australian woman. They're going to have cultures, mannerisms and whatever else that have been honed through a significantly different background. If someone has a preference for a particular look or background then so be it.

peoffrey said:
You know me mate - one of life's fence-sitters.
I just think choosing to avoid an entire race, or culture, or whatever is a bit irrational, especially if you base it on a sample group of one ex-partner.
But there you go - people are strange, as Mr Morrison once sang.

I'd agree in principal but you could argue that many races or cultures do have personality traits and mannerisms that could often help define a personality. Dating an Eastern European woman is likely to be a different experience than dating a Chinese woman or an Australian woman. They're going to have cultures, mannerisms and whatever else that have been honed through a significantly different background. If someone has a preference for a particular look or background then so be it.

Yep. People from different cultures will have differing views on life so having a relationship with someone foreign would be strange to start with I guess but also interesting.

I'm sitting on the fence. If they have a pulse I'm happy.

mcmanus said:
Yep. People from different cultures will have differing views on life so having a relationship with someone foreign would be strange to start with I guess but also interesting.

I'm sitting on the fence. If they have a pulse I'm happy.

I've been in relationships with a French girl and a Swede but both were fairly ingrained in British culture as they'd been here since University. Their accents had mellowed but the quirks / traits were still there. The French girl loved to eat (she wasn't fat) and the Swede loved shagging. The latter being the most affectionate girl I've ever been with. We'd have to get jiggy before we could leave each other and, even in public, a full on snog followed by numerous goodbye kisses were the rule before she'd leave me. I never recall walking anywhere without her holding my hand either. I've never known an English girl like her and part of me misses her considerably. However, another part doesn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.