I Want Joey Barton back....

Niall Quinn's Disco Pants said:
Wooderbeen said:
he was the best of a bad bunch at the time
city fans have always been the same,they'll cheer and clap almost any new player that runs round like a fuckin lunatic and kick anything that moves i.e nicky reid,danny tiatto,brown,whitley.......barton,until the penny drops and they realise that their not very good afterall

Wrong City fans have always cheered and clapped players who tried hard and showed signs of being bothered. When you consider the current state of the Premier League, fans want to see players playing for their side who give a shit. The gutless display last saturday showed to me how many of our current players give a shit.......none. The above mentioned players weren't bad footballers, but also weren't particularly good footballers. However to try and make up for their short comings they tried hard. Nothing wrong with that. And as for saying they run around kicking people......its a fucking contact sport. Mike Doyle made a career out of kicking the shit out of other players (mainly rags!!!) but no one complained!!!

Go and try harder on that other shit site you post on disco pants.

I have read you slagging this place for all its worth, so fuck off you two faced ****.

JB- was better than 8 other players that he played with him for each and every game- I would have him back.

We need someone of Joey's ilk to add some steel to our piss weak midfield. We are great going forward and doing the fancy stuff but when things are'nt going well we dont have the players who will get stuck in regardless and score vital goals at the same time.

Joey's goals kept us in the Premiership under Pearce and he deserves some credit for that at least. Pearce deserves even more credit for getting the best out of him in a team that was quite frankly "shite".

The only reason i would not take back Barton is because his attitude stinks and he would cause a whole load of upset in the dressing room, but at the moment i do concede, that is what we are missing. We just need someone who commands respect and has a presence who does'nt go about getting it like a scallie scumbag.

Love him or hate him, he gave his all for us which is more than i can say for alot of the present squad.

No to Joey Barton. Not what we want now, or will ever want. There are better players of his kind out there, that we can fford, and indeed attract, and who have a better attitude and behave like a decent person. not a thug.

City fans have always cheered and clapped players who tried hard and showed signs of being bothered. When you consider the current state of the Premier League, fans want to see players playing for their side who give a shit. The gutless display last saturday showed to me how many of our current players give a shit.......none. The above mentioned players weren't bad footballers, but also weren't particularly good footballers. However to try and make up for their short comings they tried hard. Nothing wrong with that. And as for saying they run around kicking people......its a fucking contact sport. Mike Doyle made a career out of kicking the shit out of other players (mainly rags!!!) but no one complained!!!
I agree with you City fans do love a try hard, but my point is they don't always have to be particularly good. Brown, Tiatto, Whitley and Barton... they were all poor footballers, but we've almost trained ourselves to think that effort makes up for lack of skill. Oh and Mike Doyle played in a very different era of football - I think you're doing him a big disservice, comparing him to Barton.

For the record, I'm not basing my opinion of Barton on his off-field antics; that's got nothing to do with football. I'm basing it on the fact he gave the ball away a lot and a large proportion of his tackles, from what I remember, ended up in free kicks against us, many in dangerous areas.

Wooderbeen said:
City fans have always cheered and clapped players who tried hard and showed signs of being bothered. When you consider the current state of the Premier League, fans want to see players playing for their side who give a shit. The gutless display last saturday showed to me how many of our current players give a shit.......none. The above mentioned players weren't bad footballers, but also weren't particularly good footballers. However to try and make up for their short comings they tried hard. Nothing wrong with that. And as for saying they run around kicking people......its a fucking contact sport. Mike Doyle made a career out of kicking the shit out of other players (mainly rags!!!) but no one complained!!!
I agree with you City fans do love a try hard, but my point is they don't always have to be particularly good. Brown, Tiatto, Whitley and Barton... they were all poor footballers, but we've almost trained ourselves to think that effort makes up for lack of skill. Oh and Mike Doyle played in a very different era of football - I think you're doing him a big disservice, comparing him to Barton.

For the record, I'm not basing my opinion of Barton on his off-field antics; that's got nothing to do with football. I'm basing it on the fact he gave the ball away a lot and a large proportion of his tackles, from what I remember, ended up in free kicks against us, many in dangerous areas.

Please don't talk about Sir Michael and Barton in the same thread!

bluealf said:
Wrong City fans have always cheered and clapped players who tried hard and showed signs of being bothered. When you consider the current state of the Premier League, fans want to see players playing for their side who give a shit. The gutless display last saturday showed to me how many of our current players give a shit.......none. The above mentioned players weren't bad footballers, but also weren't particularly good footballers. However to try and make up for their short comings they tried hard. Nothing wrong with that. And as for saying they run around kicking people......its a fucking contact sport. Mike Doyle made a career out of kicking the shit out of other players (mainly rags!!!) but no one complained!!!

Go and try harder on that other shit site you post on disco pants.

I have read you slagging this place for all its worth, so fuck off you two faced ****.

Theres another city site?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.