I want to say a big thank you.......

From A1 row JJ I thought there were chants of both Sterling and Lescott top of the league. I also thought there was a chant of Joleon Lescott he's won more than you.

I even thought mid way through the second half a saw a cheeky disguised thumbs up.

Was a great atmosphere though. Pretty flicking warm too.

From A1 row JJ I thought there were chants of both Sterling and Lescott top of the league. I also thought there was a chant of Joleon Lescott he's won more than you.

I even thought mid way through the second half a saw a cheeky disguised thumbs up.

You're right, there was.

Cracking atmosphere, I agree with an earlier poster who said it could have been a backlash against the negative media reaction pre-season.

Was quality last night. Everyone was up for it. I think a long summer of no football and having to listen to everyone Write us off or talking nonsense, it was a big middle finger up to everyone who's knocked us. I loved the ironic songs...we are staying up say we are staying up!

I was right infront of Vinny when we scored and right behind the girl that got Sterlings shirt after the game, both great moments but my favourite part of the game was when spanish dave acknowledged our song for him. we've had some good silva songs going at away games in the past but none have gone "mainstream" so i'm very pleased david silva ole has become a regular.

Then you were right behind me ninja monkey, because the girl that got Sterling's shirt was my Granddaughter and I was next to them! As you can imagine both girls were delighted & buzzing all the way home.

It was great to see all the players come over at the end because it doesn't always happen.

I was on the front row & was sure that he did a thumbs up towards us, he was sideways on & with a little grin as well.

From where i was TT20, The first couple of rounds were lescott, then there was he's won the league twice. After that it was sterling... Great atmosphere, shows what a difference there is when the team is up for it... Compare last night to Burnley last season

As said, that was Sterling but no he didn't acknowledge the song. Not in a bad way though, i imagine it was more out of respect for his current club who'd just taken a hammering. How bad would it of looked for him if he came over and clapped the city fans afterwards.

I was right infront of Vinny when we scored and right behind the girl that got Sterlings shirt after the game, both great moments but my favourite part of the game was when spanish dave acknowledged our song for him. we've had some good silva songs going at away games in the past but none have gone "mainstream" so i'm very pleased david silva ole has become a regular.
So finally a song for Silva then. It took y'all game day fans a while to get that sorted. I guess you can't rush genius :)

Good night in the ground after the lunacy with the pre-match traffic.
The early goals helped of course, but everybody seemed to want to join in and stick it to the media clowns. Hope for more of the same at the theatre of splinters.

Fantastic last night. The performance on the pitch, the atmosphere in the stand and the players response; really feels like we're right up for this year. Something about it all just seems 'right'.

I thought we sounded pretty loud there, but asked a mate who didn't go what we sounded like on the tv, said we were quiet??? Does he just need to turn his TV up?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.