I wonder if this crisis will be the end of high street shopping ?

I would love to order this fabulous smoking jacket in a nice relaxing Kimono style for kicking back with a G and T on our council balcony. Soft and tactile Debenham's say, this dressing gown is perfect for the long summer months and fits the bill during lockdown. Made with soft jersey it's framed by long kimono sleeves and fitted with a brace of pockets. I am biting at the bit over this and it has now been reduced down to £24 but will it ever arrive under their current plight. I understand over 20 shops are going but the online department is intact and still taking orders. In the style of the Marathon Man Is it safe?

kYhIKci.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to order this fabulous smoking jacket in a nice relaxing Kimono style for kicking back with a G and T on our council balcony. Soft and tactile Debenham's say, this dressing gown is perfect for the long summer months and fits the bill during lockdown. Made with soft jersey it's framed by long kimono sleeves and fitted with a brace of pockets. I am biting at the bit over this and it has now been reduced down to £24 but will it ever arrive under their current plight. I understand over 20 shops are going but the online department is intact and still taking orders. In the style of the Marathon Man Is it safe?

kYhIKci.jpg

I always had your style down as more Noel Coward Two Gun.

il_340x270.2221872476_gs7d.jpg

The high street is dying a death.

I would like some town centres to be more flexible spaces, with landscaped areas providing space for markets and pop-up shops. Added to this, an increase in entertainment for families - bowling, cinemas etc.. For them to thrive, they need to offer more than high street shops.

I love the concept of street food. I eat Currywurst on my regular trips to Germany and there’s always a queue for it. You can also get kebabs and pots of rice, pasta or chips. It’s always better than the tripe served up in McDonalds.

Because sizing isn’t standardised (Fred Perry XL isn’t the same as Lacoste XL or Pretty Green XL, even Fred Perry XL isn’t the same as a Fred Perry Laurel Wreath XL) I have to go in and try things in before buying.

And because I’m a 35” inside leg I always try on jeans/trousers for the leg length before buying because nowhere has a standard 35” leg.

I’ll always be a high street shopper.

I do actually like going shopping for clobber. The staff in Fred Perry in town know me by name.

I love the concept of street food. I eat Currywurst on my regular trips to Germany and there’s always a queue for it. You can also get kebabs and pots of rice, pasta or chips. It’s always better than the tripe served up in McDonalds.

It's a fine margin because we all know that some vendors will take the piss selling food that is unfit for public consumption without the regulation, think hot dog stands outside Maine Rd and bloody botelism ;) I agree with you about fast food outlets though, they are poor aren't they bud?

It's a fine margin because we all know that some vendors will take the piss selling food that is unfit for public consumption without the regulation, think hot dog stands outside Maine Rd and bloody botelism ;) I agree with you about fast food outlets though, they are poor aren't they bud?

I’m speculating here but I’d imagine licences and standards are in place. There’s a big market near where I work and it’s very popular. Greek, Spanish, Thai. You name it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.