I wont be voting today.

-dabz- said:
TGR said:
Well if you can vote and you choose not to then don't fucking moan when some ratbag gets elected.
But that's my point...they're all ratbags. I did point out in my OP that I know the potential fall-out from a no vote.
There must be a least ratbaggish ratbag surely?

-dabz- said:
Mike N said:
-dabz- said:
I know the implications of a no-vote, but I just cant do it.
I no longer have trust in any of the self serving wankers.
Fuck it.

I can understand your point however I would say it's your democratic duty to spoil the paper. At least make the point that you dont want/trust 'none of the above'.
Can you do that?

Yes. Simply put a cross in every box. That way it counts even as a spoilt ballot paper where as a non attendance means nothing and nobody cares. They would take more notice of 1,000 spoilt ballot papers rather than 1,000 no shows.

Spoil the paper

none-of-the-above-428x181.jpg

now they would win by a landslide

I understand that if you spoil the paper, it is just discarded and is not recorded as anything.

We need to have an option on every ballot paper that says "none of the above" which registers as a vote.

There is no incentive for electoral reform when a party with 35% of a 65% turn out can be classed as duly elected with a mandate to run the UK.

Fucking rubbish it is.

strongbowholic said:
I understand that if you spoil the paper, it is just discarded and is not recorded as anything.

We need to have an option on every ballot paper that says "none of the above" which registers as a vote.

There is no incentive for electoral reform when a party with 35% of a 65% turn out can be classed as duly elected with a mandate to run the UK.

Fucking rubbish it is.
If that's true, then I might go and vote for the looneys as it's the closest thing to none of the above and still gets registered as a vote.

strongbowholic said:

Fucking rubbish it is.

There is indeed a space for a party to be formed called None of the Above

No policies as such.

But it could effectively put members into parliament to ensure that politicians from other parties stop taking the piss and that the wishes of the people get implemented.

Everytime they tried to push a bill through that was meaningless or against the wishes of the majority of people in the country they would simply block it.

Push through new referendums on key issues and implement the publics wishes accordingly

Move us closer to true democracy and not this self serving 2.5 party bollox system that they hide in at the moment.

Imagine how many people would turn up and vote if that option existed?

strongbowholic said:

Fucking rubbish it is.

I stand corrected if that is the case, I always thought that whilst they do not publish it on Newsnight or whatever, a record is made of the number of spoilt papers.

Balti said:
strongbowholic said:

Fucking rubbish it is.

There is indeed a space for a party to be formed called None of the Above

No policies as such.

But it could effectively put members into parliament to ensure that politicians from other parties stop taking the piss and that the wishes of the people get implemented.

Everytime they tried to push a bill through that was meaningless or against the wishes of the majority of people in the country they would simply block it.

Push through new referendums on key issues and implement the publics wishes accordingly

Move us closer to true democracy and not this self serving 2.5 party bollox system that they hide in at the moment.

Imagine how many people would turn up and vote if that option existed?

So they'd just put you top of the ballot paper ;-)

1913345_10152232848960132_1080419105_o.jpg

Voters in today's by-election are receiving an unusual amount of attention. In 2010 the parties only spent 51p per vote between them in Wythenshawe and Sale East.

That's because it's a safe seat - our broken system means parties hardly bother with places like Wythenshawe and Sale East.

Find out how much your vote is worth here: <a class="postlink" href="http://action.electoral-reform.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=1754&ea.campaign.id=22216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://action.electoral-reform.org.uk/e ... n.id=22216</a>

I agree there should be a none of the above box on a voting paper. How would it look in a general election if 80% turned out with a majority of papers saying that?

Blue Mist said:
strongbowholic said:

Fucking rubbish it is.

I stand corrected if that is the case, I always thought that whilst they do not publish it on Newsnight or whatever, a record is made of the number of spoilt papers.
I think the total number is recorded as such but it is not necessarily counted or registered as a protest. They are largely counted as "spoilt in error" which means "they" don't have to investigate any further!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.