I Would like To Shake Robert Green's Hand....

when england win ....they like to make one player the heroe!!! which takes the team effort out of it..... when they lose/draw or go out on pens they want a scape-goat to SLAY

plus when they lose..it seems the players cover their own arses by not standing out ....in case they are made out as the bad guy.

give rob green a brake!!

I’m an Englishman in New York (get it? Sting! never mind, I’ll get my coat)

Anyway, I watched the game at The Bohemian Beer Gardens up in Astoria, Queens and I have to say I was quite amazed at not only the number of American fans who had turned up specifically to watch the match but how fervent the support was. I came very close to wearing my England shirt but instead went with my City shirt. This turned out to be a very wise decision as there was one guy wearing an England shirt in these beer gardens (which hold several hundred people) and he got utterly crucified hehe.

Football is certainly gaining in popularity here, but ultimately as soon as their involvement in the tournament ends then the focus will turn back to more ‘important’ issues like whether LeBron James will be playing for The Knicks next year.

USA already have more points then they got in the 90 and 98 World Cups in total.

Stuart said:
Nice one Frank . Told you you'd get a draw brah.

Meat & 2 veg ...Frank's been a blue for over 30 years . Dick head .

When was the last time he went to a match?

des hardi said:
when england win ....they like to make one player the heroe!!! which takes the team effort out of it..... when they lose/draw or go out on pens they want a scape-goat to SLAY

plus when they lose..it seems the players cover their own arses by not standing out ....in case they are made out as the bad guy.

give rob green a brake!!
Didn't realise his car was playing up!

The last time was, unfortunately was the first derby @ eastlands. But form about 1990-2004 I came to England twice a year seeing 3-4 City games/season. Not bad for a dumb Yank born in new york and living in new York is it?? A true football fan, i would go see rochdale the days City werent playing just to be able to watch live footie and have some good banter (drinking good beer to boot) in an Englsih pub
My circumstances have changed greatly sinc ethen. I got involved (and married) a lovely Thai maiden. I even turned her into a big blue!!! The last 6 years if I am not working I am in thailand. Sorry but in this case my family and its future takes 2nd place to City. One day when it is feasible with both time and money constraints I will take my bride to a couple of city matches. I do miss coming to England, spending time with old (and new) mates and drinking in pubs and talking to the folks I encounter. hopefully I will get back soon.
Again, i dont have to establish my City and footbal bone fides to ANYONE-espeically some young punk who wasnt even BORN yet when I started going to City and YEAH i was AT the 5-1!!!!
This may or may not be a dig at you corky. i honestly dont know if you fall into that category or not. If you dont, thats cool. If you do, i dont have to apologise to anyone. We aint giving the goal back and the match was draw. If youse cannot take some good natured ribbing, then go bak and hide under your mamma's skirt.....

AMERICA-STILL UNDEFEATED IN WORLD CUP COMPETITION V ENGALND!!!

Frank the Yank said:
I have been a City fan for almsot 35 FUCKING YEARS!!! I first began starting to support City in about 1977.

Hmmm, Glory hunter joining the cause after the '76 league cup win, or the scud that is responsible for the last 34 glory free years?
I really cant decide (p.s. some of this post may contain traces of sarcasm)

Frank the Yank said:
The last time was, unfortunately was the first derby @ eastlands. But form about 1990-2004 I came to England twice a year seeing 3-4 City games/season. Not bad for a dumb Yank born in new york and living in new York is it?? A true football fan, i would go see rochdale the days City werent playing just to be able to watch live footie and have some good banter (drinking good beer to boot) in an Englsih pub
My circumstances have changed greatly sinc ethen. I got involved (and married) a lovely Thai maiden. I even turned her into a big blue!!! The last 6 years if I am not working I am in thailand. Sorry but in this case my family and its future takes 2nd place to City. One day when it is feasible with both time and money constraints I will take my bride to a couple of city matches. I do miss coming to England, spending time with old (and new) mates and drinking in pubs and talking to the folks I encounter. hopefully I will get back soon.
Again, i dont have to establish my City and footbal bone fides to ANYONE-espeically some young punk who wasnt even BORN yet when I started going to City and YEAH i was AT the 5-1!!!!
This may or may not be a dig at you corky. i honestly dont know if you fall into that category or not. If you dont, thats cool. If you do, i dont have to apologise to anyone. We aint giving the goal back and the match was draw. If youse cannot take some good natured ribbing, then go bak and hide under your mamma's skirt.....

Calm down, it was a rhetorical question.

You started a thread to wind people up but just got wound up yourself.

If ONLY john Terry had shagged Robert Greens wife

Only kidding . . . Was just a mistake and he did pull of some great saves. I could happen to anybody

what has an individual record against a nation got to do with anything? surely its about winning the tournament which means beating a host of teams and NOT celebrating a draw against a poor english team .....

Mind you with the US of A track record of being world champions in Baseball, basketball and American Football all major world sports :) I suppose you could say you are the world champions at "not losing to england in the world cup" !! LOL :)

You deserved a point just for the effort put in by your two centre backs but now lets see how your team deals with the might of Algeria and Slovenia :) surely you will now top the group ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.