Ian Brown, wife beater?

he has form for violence tho doesnt he?

im sure they were both at it like rats, and he entered the wrong 'flue'

TheMightyQuinn said:
Glad to see people still subscribe to the old 'innocent until proven guilty' adage.

Ian Brown is King Monkey.

You are quite right.
For the time being he is just a crap singer and a rag.
I fully expect that if/when he is convicted,you and others will show their contempt for him on this site.
Or does his supposed "legend" status exonerate such cowardly behaviour?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Glad to see people still subscribe to the old 'innocent until proven guilty' adage.

Ian Brown is King Monkey.

You are quite right.
I fully expect that if/when he is convicted,you and others will show their contempt for him on this site.

I would never advocate the hitting of a woman, no. But at the same time am I meant to suddenly pretend his records don't sound good to me?
I've seen very little criticism of John Lennon over the years on here to be honest.

No one knows what went on yet already people are putting the knife in his back, not surprising as we live in a society full of grasses and back stabbers.

I've no idea what him being a rag has to do with anything, unless you have no rag friends or family?

LongsightM13 said:
PaulPowerShower said:
I once saw Ian Brown buying a sleeping bag in Decatholon Stockport
He'll probably need it now if his missus boots him out

I saw him buy a kids bike in the same store about 2 years ago.

In 1993 I saw him walking down Portland St late one Sunday night, I offered him a lift and took him back to Lymm.

TheMightyQuinn said:
You are quite right.

I would never advocate the hitting of a woman, no. But at the same time am I meant to suddenly pretend his records don't sound good to me?
I've seen very little criticism of John Lennon over the years on here to be honest.

No one knows what went on yet already people are putting the knife in his back, not surprising as we live in a society full of grasses and back stabbers.

I've no idea what him being a rag has to do with anything, unless you have no rag friends or family?

I think you mean "record".
And that was 20 years ago,since which he has produced next to nothing of note.
What does a dead hippy have to do with anything?
Would Lennon beating on/cheating on Yoko or Cynthia validate Browns behaviour?
He may well be a hero of yours,but that does not excuse his offence,if thats what it transpires to be.
And you can drop the "grasses and backstabbers" bullshit for a start.
Or does that mean that you wouldn't intervene or report some mysogynistic arsewipe who was leathering his partner?
Oh,she reported it herself,didn't she - so what exactly are you on about?
His being a rag means his judgement is fundamentally flawed to start with.

TheMightyQuinn said:

What has a dead hippy have to do with anything?
He may well be a hero of yours,but that does not excuse his offence,if thats what it transpires to be.
Or does that mean that you wouldn't intervene or report some mysogynistic arsewipe who was leathering his partner?

No, I meant 'records' I enjoy his solo stuff as do many others.
His last album was about 8 weeks ago.
The 'dead hippy' was also a self confessed wife beater in his early days.
It doesn't validate it no I'm just saying that we manage to discuss Lennon without mentioning him being a wife beater, just an observation.
He is a hero and no it doesn't excuse his behaviour, when did I say it did?
It's my opinion that a lot of posters on this forum are snide, grasses and backstabbers, for the record I've never considered you to be one of them.
I would never tolerate, support or excuse the hitting of another human being.
We do not know any of the facts so far other than one vague paragraph so I find it impossible to comment.
Him being a rag is unfortunate but over the summer he was the only one telling the truth.

It was just my observation at how ironic it is that some people here are getting righteous and claiming Ian Brown to be the new Muslim on the block or something yet they themselves are really happy that a woman has been allegedly attacked as it means they get their kicks at the hands of Ian Brown being knocked down a peg or two and a woman being punched. Makes them just as bad as him, should he be found guilty. No doubt this irony will be lost on most though.

TheMightyQuinn said:
What has a dead hippy have to do with anything?

No, I meant 'records' I enjoy his solo stuff as do many others.
His last album was about 8 weeks ago.
The 'dead hippy' was also a self confessed wife beater in his early days.
It doesn't validate it no I'm just saying that we manage to discuss Lennon without mentioning him being a wife beater, just an observation.
He is a hero and no it doesn't excuse his behaviour, when did I say it did?
It's my opinion that a lot of posters on this forum are snide, grasses and backstabbers, for the record I've never considered you to be one of them.
I would never tolerate, support or excuse the hitting of another human being.
We do not know any of the facts so far other than one vague paragraph so I find it impossible to comment.
Him being a rag is unfortunate but over the summer he was the only one telling the truth.

It was just my observation at how ironic it is that some people here are getting righteous and claiming Ian Brown to be the new Muslim on the block or something yet they themselves are really happy that a woman has been allegedly attacked as it means they get their kicks at the hands of Ian Brown being knocked down a peg or two and a woman being punched. Makes them just as bad as him, should he be found guilty. No doubt this irony will be lost on most though.

Fair play,I totally misunderstood the "snides/grasses/backstabbers point - I wrongly assumed that you were of the "I'm not getting involved in a domestic incident" advocates,(the police being a classic example),that contribute to the perpetuation of violence towards women.
You are totally correct that some on here would rejoice at the downfall of a "Mancunian made good" - I think that the "what a pair of tossers the Gallaghers are" vitriol of a while back was ample proof of the downright jealousy of some and,much as I am no great fan,I was very much lauding of their achievements.
My criticism of Brown in no way detracts from my love of the first Stone Roses album,any more than my love of Oscar Wilde being tainted by being an Irish convict who also "cheated" on his wife.
We all make mistakes and,if Brown has transgressed in a violent way,he should be punished accordingly.
I won't rejoice in that,but rather see it as a rare example of everyone,regardless of reputation or wealth,being equal before the law.
I think that this is the first thread I have disagreed with you on since I joined Bluemoon.
I guess it had to happen one day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.