Ian Brown

I've always liked the Roses and his solo stuff and I'll still listen when I'm in the mood. When he first started tweeting covid bollocks I questioned whether he had actually said that as I don't do Twitter. However, it seems to me like his tweets are getting even more ridiculously absurd. He's definitely not doing himself any favours.

What do you mean by the boxing community mate? I only dip in-and-out of boxing (literally just watching the fights and not concentrating on the wider game).
I follow loads of boxers and trainers etc and outside of the right wing loons these have been the worst for spreading misinformation and lies. It's mad how so many of them seem to be as one.

You're right...but the correct thing for his parents to have done.

He's reaping the rewards of being vaccinated though...

I call full BS on the family member having health problems due to vaccinations...unless possibly thalidomide
To be fair to him, I've got a family member who went blind after having the measles vaccination in the mid/late '60s when it wasn't fully "up to speed" as a vaccine, so I wouldn't be too quick to doubt his words on this particular subject.

The rest of his ramblings are pure Turquoise Robe shit though. :) Mad fucker, decent music though

Last edited:
To be fair to him, I've got a family member who went blind after having the measles vaccination in the mid/late '60s when it wasn't fully "up to speed" as a vaccine, so I wouldn't be too quick to doubt his words on this particular subject.

The rest of his ramblings are pure Turquoise Robe shit though. :) Mad fucker, decent music though
All vaccines (even safe and approved ones) carry that sort of one in a million risk, so if we vaccinate 60m people then it's likely to fuck over 60 people. Although bad for them, individual odds are good and better than risking covid with an approximate 1% fatality rate.

Apologies...not sure why i had thought that...was trying to think of ANY vaccine that had drastic side effects. Maybe that helps prove the point that its hard to think of any...
I think you probably need to read up on the history of vaccinations for ANY major disease then, because pretty much all of them (measles, polio, rabies, TB, the list is endless) have had checkered levels of success when first administered.

All vaccines (even safe and approved ones) carry that sort of one in a million risk, so if we vaccinate 60m people then it's likely to fuck over 60 people. Although bad for them, individual odds are good and better than risking covid with an approximate 1% fatality rate.
I was really speaking about when they were first introduced and when the procedures weren't as "on point" as they are today in the modern world of science, I'm not trying to give any credence to Brown's words, just that there's a checkered history as far as early attempts at creating a vaccine for many diseases are concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.