Ian Niven RIP

Met him in 2006 when I was a corporate steward in and around his presidents room at the Etihad,loved talking about how he helped set up the Junior Blues back in the 1970s,a real proper Blue with the club in his heart and soul.RIP Blue

I'll crack open the that GlenSotia 15 yr old and drink to his passing later tonight R.I.P. Ian.
Like someone else has said Ian got me a fair few tickets durring the early 70's as he knew my old man and grandad. I boozed in the Scott 76 ish Frank Hayes used to go in for a pint or two.

The bluest blue of them all. I had a pint with his grandson in Porto. He’d brought his grandad over with the club and he knew that he didn’t have long to go. I think he saw that final as his grandad’s destiny, his final resting place as a man who’d been part of the fabric of the club for a large part of its history. It was a lovely and quite an emotional half hour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.