Ian Whatmore

FA chief executive Ian Watmore told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek show over the weekend that he was "unimpressed" with Adebayor's actions.
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8252803.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 252803.stm</a>
He should have been sacked for that interview,he pre-judged & no matter how much he tried to squirm out of it the interviewer knew what he had done.

thats the first time i have heard that interview, on 5 live, what an absolute t--t that interviewer is,whatmore was gutless he should have said we can,t talk about the incident nor prejudge, no mention of the abuse by the scumbag fans, no mention of the tackle by van percy, if the arse fans had behaved then their would not be an incident to deal with, these media people are just scum?

I worked with him for six years and he's a really clever guy. Very honest, very open, and doesn't suffer fools at all - I've seen him pull arguments apart in seconds during meetings. Definitely not a quitter so very surprised at this. Heard at the weekend that Triesman was feeling a bit sidelined, so maybe they had a fundamental difference of opinion. It's a shame, because the FA is seriously stuffy, corrupt, sexist, and a mess. Ian is one of the few no-nonsense people who would, given some time, have been able to really clean it up.
(He's also a really nice bloke who really hates U*****)

Bet_Lynch said:
I worked with him for six years and he's a really clever guy. Very honest, very open, and doesn't suffer fools at all - I've seen him pull arguments apart in seconds during meetings. Definitely not a quitter so very surprised at this. Heard at the weekend that Triesman was feeling a bit sidelined, so maybe they had a fundamental difference of opinion. It's a shame, because the FA is seriously stuffy, corrupt, sexist, and a mess. Ian is one of the few no-nonsense people who would, given some time, have been able to really clean it up.
(He's also a really nice bloke who really hates U*****)

totally agree his son is a good mate of mine, genuinely nice bloke and would have done a great job

According to last weeks Mail he was being pushed out as he was always clashing with triesman over modernisation of the FA. Lets hope he goes feeling very bitter and exposing the bent bastards for what they are.

If you've ever read David Davies's book "FA Confidential" you'll realise what a completely screwed up, unmanageable organisation it is. Worse than the Co-op.

Professional executives with loads of business experience have to kow-tow to 70-year old committee members whose sole qualification for the job is that they've been secretary of the Hereford & Worcester FA for 20 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.