Ibrahimovic goal the best ever according to Sweden coach...

Bojinov The Bull

Everyone is going crazy over this goal but to me it is nothing more than a speculative, lucky one! I don't understand where all the words like genius etc..are coming from, I seem to remember a certain Mr Crouch who scored a very similar goal for Stoke against us, I didnt hear these words banded about then?

For a goal to be the best ever, or genius then it has to have been a well crafted goal that they could score time and time again, i bet if you let Ibrahimovic hit that ball another 40 times he wouldn't get another in!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGjEOnVw94[/youtube]

If you think luck had anything to do with it, take a look at this goal that he scored against France in Euro 2012.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNfQhxLDZqw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNfQhxLDZqw</a>

I think Ibra, maybe apart from Messi, must have the best, best goals clip of anyone.

Obviously a bit of luck involved, but immense talent as well.

Zlatan has scored wonder goals like that throughout his career which no other player has done on a consistent basis. Probably owes a lot to his tae kwon doe black belt and having a physical skillset beyond a typical footballer.

To call last night's goal purely speculative or to compare it to Crouch hitting a volley is a bit silly.

It's just us english with no technical ability what so ever that will go around saying that was lucky.

nomorethaksintimes said:
Zlatan has scored wonder goals like that throughout his career which no other player has done on a consistent basis. Probably owes a lot to his tae kwon doe black belt and having a physical skillset beyond a typical footballer.

To call last night's goal purely speculative or to compare it to Crouch hitting a volley is a bit silly.

Crouch has scored some great goals himself down the years. Not as many as Ibra mind, but while I can't agree it was a lucky effort I do think the OP has a valid point regarding whether it was the best goal of all-time - last night's goal was a fantastic effort but it probably isn't even amongst the top 5 goals Ibra has ever scored let alone a contender for the best goal ever. As far as overhead kicks go, there have been plenty better that have been more difficult to execute plus Ibra's was effectively scored in an unguarded net. I'd say this was a much harder goal to score:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcIR6ftJuk[/youtube]

he didnt even look at the goal at any point before hitting it and it bounced perfectly away from the defender so he couldnt clear it off the line, it had luck written all over it.

In my opinion, that goal is up there with Maradona's second against England in '86 as the best goals in terms of pure technique that I have seen.

Luck to me is a deflection, a cross that goes in, a pass that ends up in the goal etc.

He meant it so how is it luck? It doesn't matter if 9 times out of ten he misses, he scored a great goal.

Best ever? Not for me. Great goal however, he anticipated the header and quickly acted upon it. Great technique and volley, when you see it from one angle its amazing how high his body is in the air. Fair play to him<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 pm --<br /><br />
Bojinov The Bull said:
he didnt even look at the goal at any point before hitting it and it bounced perfectly away from the defender so he couldnt clear it off the line, it had luck written all over it.
A good player knows where the goal is, just like silva can make a pass without seeing the player, they just know.

You'd have to be a bit simple if you can't work out where the goal is on a football pitch, back to it or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.