Ice Hockey style Sin bins?

ColinBellsjockstrap

Would have been fairer if Ade had been sent into one for ten minutes last night, rather than be sent off....

For or against?

Agreed. It will open up another can of worms. But then the 'penalties' given will not affect the outcome of future game i.e. for Ade what happens in 'sin city remains in sin city'.

I am very much for 'developing' the game. God only knows what has to happen on a pitch for FIFA to get hold of the idea that officiating a match the current way is wholly inadequate, and when you look at Bellers sending off at Bolton, and, I've not seen Ade's yet, Roy Carroll's three-yard drag back and a host of other examples, highly unsatisfactory.

Unfortunately, the current crop of FIFA celebrities are only concerned with building up bank balances, their own and the organisation's, and lack the necessary vision to drag the game into the 21st century from the refereeing point of view.

Tennis, rugby and cricket have accommodated the video ref. I even saw a goal awarded in the Winter Olympics ice hockey that went through the net. Nobody would have seen that if it hadn't been slowed down.

But anything from another sport, and Fifa run gibbering into a corner.

I've always thought that a player sent off for two technical offences, kicking the ball away and timewasting, was very badly treated compared to the thug who gets away with a nasty tackle because real time came to his salvation. But FIFA seem more than happy with this.

It struck me on Sunday that if a team picks up more than 3 bookings in a match, the 4th should result in a sending off (without the player being suspended). It would stop teams from sharing out the yellow cards as Liverpool did. A sin bin might be used as an alternative.

What always perplexes me is when a player brings down a player and injures him.

The injured player has to leave the field of play and wait for the referee to bring him back into play, yet the offender gets a yellow or a talking to and is allowed to continue play! Leaving the team who was offended against down to ten men!

Surely if the injured player has to leave the field, then the offending player receives a yellow and also has to leave the field of play until the injured player is fit enough to return to the game or replaced by another player!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.