Iceland

it's a bit pricey for us, think we'll do Air Bnb

I deliberated this summer over staying in Rekjavik or outside of it and in the end opted for about 10km out at a place called the First Hotel in Kopavogur which I was delighted with as I usually get these 50/50 decisions wrong. Reykjavik is nothing that special for a capital city but worth going for the boozers if you can stomach the stupid prices for beer. Basically you need a car anyway and the first hotel is located next to a big shopping mall centre and is ideal for all the day trips you will probably be doing. Modern place with really helpful front desk staff and a lot cheaper than any of the city centre hostels! Bus stop outside takes 20 minutes to get into the centre and it's one of the few things that don't cost a packet there...

Great place to visit and if you get a chance do the quad bikes on black sand beach next to the glacier (which is close to the blue lagoon) which is near the hotel as well. Whale trip was worth it as well and the floating ice lagoon is a good trip but there's loads of decent trips from there.

Warning - The puffin burgers are not that nice and every Icelandic person you meet is a dipper fan!

Sounds cold. Would not go.

It is okay mate, it must be just stupidly named like Greenland, probably not cold at all.

mind-fuck_o_242564.jpg

Going start of January I'm told only three hours of daylight something different I suppose!

Iceland review.

Stayed at Hllemur Square hotel just outside Rejkavic. Lovely location, plenty of bars. Resturants and shops near us.

Did the golden globe tour. Visited amazing waterfall and the geysers which was pretty cool. Tour guide was pretty good. Went through whole history of Iceland - 8/10

Blue Lagoon. Loved this. Great fun and very scenic. Only downside, half of the people in the water are carrying phones ! To take selfies. Pathetic. Still, enjoyed it. 7/10

Northern lights Tour.
Perhaps the one we was most excited about.
They cancelled the first couple nights but eventually we got a place tonight confirmed! They picked us up on a coach at 9pm and took us to a remote spot not to far out where we was. Tour guide told us we should have a good chance of seeing them. However, instead. We waited around 2-3 hours in the freezing cold, in a car park. Near a big wooden Inn which we could wait inside if we wanted.
We saw nothing.
Told to get back on the coach and that was it.
No refund. Just another free go if we wanted. No thanks.
Total con from start to finish. Disappointed I wasn’t warned. 0/10

Aside from that trip, Iceland has been great.

Five pounds off if you use your bonus card(minimum ten pound spend) three times,within the next four weeks.

You're welcome :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.