ICONIC moment at COMS !!!!!!

I think it will become an iconic game to look back on in a few years time, Adebayors goal celebration will never be forgotten for as long as I live, also we were without 4 of our top players and still put 4 past them! When have we ever done that before???

We have arrived for sure and the top4 know it, the years of pain and darkness are well and truly behind us now.

mcfc78 said:
relax dude... we beat a average arsenal side... one game at a time should still apply....

AVERAGE???????? Get real man! That 'average' Arsenal side will be challenging for all the major honours as usual this season - the difference this year is that so will we (bar the Champions League obviously) judging by Saturdays performance. I still haven't come down yet! Felt emotionally drained after the game, but am now daring to begin to really believe....we played so well at times, that we sometimes MADE them look average, perhaps thats what you meant ;-)

I find it iconic for the fact that it's a game I'll remember forever. It's one of those games. It's the first game I'll talk about ten years from now and go "Yeah I remember when Ade did a powerslide in front of the arse away fans" ... That's how it's iconic. One of those that will go down in lore.

I've been to hundreds of City games, but I only ever remember about a dozen of them. I know is 20 years time, I will still remember this game. It was fantastic.

When the fourth goal went in I had nothing left. I knew that my vocal chords couldn't take anymore after going absolutely fucking mental after Adebayor scored. I just jumped up and down with my mate, feeling the tears of pride welling up inside me.

I just looked up to the sky and thanked him for making it all possible.

Awesome day. I'll never, ever forget it for as long as I live.

dom said:
I think that the Iconic moment is essentially about making Eastlands our home.

A few years ago it felt realy anonymous.
The club, despite some stupid squabbles over banners (where they were wrong) has defo made the stadium feel more like OURS over the last 2 years or so.
I like the lighted signs over the main entrances, I like the higher profile of the badge and name over the campus.

I love the work on the spiral rampways.

They still need need to sort out the fans' locations and not grant that away section a plumb slot like the SS (Take note of every successessful club across Europe from the swamp to gerland (lyon) to the Camp Nou. The away fans are consigned to a corner, often in the upper tiers.

The players have brought quite a few iconic momnents at COMS since the move (let's not forget the 4-1 and 3-1 wins in recent derbies, for example).

SWPs return, Robhi's free kick v chelski, 6-0 v pompey last season and now the Arse-thumping.

It's early days yet, but this new Eastlands stadium is already cultivating its own new history . the baton was passed from Gorton to Moss side and now to Eastlands.......

What better way than a premiership trophy in the awards cabinet to make a place feel like home, eh? I know it's early days, but we should be looking that far ahead and we should have that goal this season! I have been on the fence with this and I have been repressing these feelings as I thought it was too soon, but I really think we can do this now!

CTID

This Arsenal side will win fook all,they are spineless,they might get to semis n even a final but they will win nothin,they are a million miles away from the side containing Henry,Bergkamp,Viera and Pires.

I think it was iconic in the fact that it was the highest attendance we've ever had at CoMs. This goes to show that if the team wins people will come & watch.

As for giving the away fans a plum spot in the stadium, I think that actually helps the atmosphere. Having them hemmed in by the two noisiest parts of the ground must be pretty intimidating. Not too many away support comes to our ground and out sings us. Allborg, Hamburg etc apart.

For me the iconic moment was Sept 1st 2008. Bought out & signing Robinho. I guess none of us really understood the Sheiks plans for us, I still struggle!

I think we have a lot to thank him, Kaldhoun, and Thaskin for. Without the Dr none of this would have happened.

There will be more Iconic days ahead. Of that I am certain!

what i am saying is that in years to come we will look back on the game as if to say that this game is where everybody started believing we do actually have a team to threaten the big 4

no mate we wont....wait till next sunday, an then we will know, we havent done anything .yet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.