ICYMI - Seeing the Wood for FFPs - 2 part analysis (Semi-long reads)

projectriver

Why does everybody keep saying Kdb and Raz will up sticks if we get a ban?
Getting on my tits now this repetitive nonsense.

Pep's leaving too haven't you heard? According to the British press he's off, despite him having to reiterate countless times he's staying.

Same story rehashed, I'm getting crossed eyed every time I read about it .

I wrote these 2 pieces for 9320. Miguel Delaney hated them which is the best endorsement I can think of. Give them a read if you want a more nuanced, precedent based analysis of the situation.

Can't endorse this strongly enough. The first piece is about 3,800 words in length and the second is a shade under 2,700 words. If you have the patience to read texts of such volume devoted to business and legal issues, then these are strongly recommended. IMO, they strike the balance between being useful even for people with a decent understanding of the subject matter while being understandable and informative for those who don't (it's a difficult trick to cater for both those audiences at once).

Delaney claimed the first one was "impenetrable'. I think that's just covering up for him being a bit thick.

Why does everybody keep saying Kdb and Raz will up sticks if we get a ban?
Getting on my tits now this repetitive nonsense.

Pep's leaving too haven't you heard? According to the British press he's off, despite him having to reiterate countless times he's staying.

Same story rehashed, I'm getting crossed eyed every time I read about it .

Because Sterling is probably not going to be at the club in 2 years time either way. KdB is 29 in June. If you think he kisses goodbye to the Champions League until he's 31 I think you are probably wrong.

Because Sterling is probably not going to be at the club in 2 years time either way. KdB is 29 in June. If you think he kisses goodbye to the Champions League until he's 31 I think you are probably wrong.

Agreed. Whatever the outcome, I think Sterling will stay probably 2 more seasons after this one at most with us.

Regarding De Bruyne, I think if the ban is overturned or reduced to 1 season he will stay and probably be here for the rest of his career - next City Captain. If it is 2 seasons, then I think we will have a real problem.

I get why people might think that Kevin will leave given his age and the length of the ban but I don’t think he is the type to want to up sticks

Sterling perhaps more likely to move in a sense don’t think he feels like staying in one place could be wrong but where would he go ? British players tend not to go abroad carnt see him in in Italy France or Germany and even Spain would he fit in ? Learn the language ? Only two clubs to go to do they need him ?

Both great articles Stefan, and essential reading for anyone interested in understanding the legal arguments which underpin this story.

Don't listen to witless simpletons like Delaney - they're both easy enough to follow. And knowledge is power - the only way to counter the wall to wall abuse our club is getting at the moment is to understand the situation far better than those making the accusations.

Not difficult in the cases of most of the hacks out there, granted, but the principle remains!

Last edited:
Op. complex but very interesting. Thank you for your views on this complicated matter. If so called Journos cant understand it but I can what does that say about them !

Can't endorse this strongly enough. The first piece is about 3,800 words in length and the second is a shade under 2,700 words. If you have the patience to read texts of such volume devoted to business and legal issues, then these are strongly recommended. IMO, they strike the balance between being useful even for people with a decent understanding of the subject matter while being understandable and informative for those who don't (it's a difficult trick to cater for both those audiences at once).

Delaney claimed the first one was "impenetrable'. I think that's just covering up for him being a bit thick.
It is my understanding that Delaney would find his own shopping list "impenetrable".

Both great articles Stefan, and essential reading for anyone interested in understanding the legal arguments which underpin this story.

Don't listen to witless simpletons like Delaney - knowledge is power, and the only way to counter the wall to wall abuse our club is getting at the moment is to understand the situation far better than those making the accusations.

Not difficult in the cases of most of the hacks out there, granted, but the principle remains!

The only difficulty with this stance is that's its nearly impossible to argue with an idiot as they have too much experience in operating at that level.

An argument of sound reasoning based on a logical and chronological timeline backed by the facts of publicised laws & relevant regulatory procedural rules is simply impenetrable to an idiot like Delaney.

I wrote these 2 pieces for 9320. Miguel Delaney hated them which is the best endorsement I can think of. Give them a read if you want a more nuanced, precedent based analysis of the situation.

https://ninetythreetwenty.com/blog/seeing-the-wood-for-the-ffps-manchester-city-uefa-go-to-war/
https://ninetythreetwenty.com/blog/...e-ffps-part-deux-the-double-city-do-not-want/

A very good read.

You have made that as easy to read as is possible. Much appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.