"I'd happily get beat by Fulham....."

journolud

Lot's of people were saying before this game they would take a defeat by Fulham and that Hughes should rest players, thursday is the more important game, etc. Well, you got what you wanted and all I can see is the usual moaning.

Personally I was disappointed but I'm not suicidal. Sure Fulham are as shit away from home as us but that doesn't give us a divine right to beat them. Petrov and Bojinov are working their way back and got valuable game time, Etuhu wasted his chance but you can't knock the boss for giving him the chance. When we were losing he brought on Robinho and Sturridge who both made an impact ( Sturrdige did little to justify his alleged wage claims when he started against Hamburg) but it just didn't happen.

Fulham were well organised and deserved the win but individual mistakes and poor defending gave them the goals.

It was a good result for the Hughes haters but the second part of the bargain you made is a win on thursday but I suspect some would rather we lose such is the will for Hughes to fail.

No one wants to see us lose any game , well at least I don't and I doubt the result would have been different had we played a fit SWP , Bellamy or had Robinho in from the start etc.

It was a poor performance espicially after half time and we got what we deserved.

Fulham have won 7 away games in the past four seasons and both times we have lost to them we should have been good enough to close out the games.

Our defending is a shambles at the moment and I don't see it getting any better in the last 6 games.

I don't buy into any excuses re resting players and if the players and Hughes were honest with themselves they would know that they were well below what they should be capable of over the 90 minutes yesterday and meekly gave up any remote possibility of a 7th place finish.

Now they had better get the necessary points required to stay in top flight as that is all they have left to play for this season.

We are not safe from being the richest club ever to get relegated yet and I hope the players realise that.

Whenever we have something to play for we invariably come up well short and yesterday was no exception.

A disgraceful effort by those who wore the shirt with no excuses whatsoever.

journolud said:
It was a good result for the Hughes haters but the second part of the bargain you made is a win on thursday but I suspect some would rather we lose such is the will for Hughes to fail.

No, it was a poor result for Blues, and I doubt there would be one that would rather get knocked out on Thursday night than make it through, regardless of their feelings toward Hughes.

I am far more concerned about how we back up next Sunday against WBA than anything else at present.

A must win game for us for many reasons.

mancity1 said:
No one wants to see us lose any game , well at least I don't and I doubt the result would have been different had we played a fit SWP , Bellamy or had Robinho in from the start etc.

It was a poor performance espicially after half time and we got what we deserved.

Fulham have won 7 away games in the past four seasons and both times we have lost to them we should have been good enough to close out the games.

Our defending is a shambles at the moment and I don't see it getting any better in the last 6 games.

I don't buy into any excuses re resting players and if the players and Hughes were honest with themselves they would know that they were well below what they should be capable of over the 90 minutes yesterday and meekly gave up any remote possibility of a 7th place finish.

Now they had better get the necessary points required to stay in top flight as that is all they have left to play for this season.

We are not safe from being the richest club ever to get relegated yet and I hope the players realise that.

Whenever we have something to play for we invariably come up well short and yesterday was no exception.

A disgraceful effort by those who wore the shirt with no excuses whatsoever.
Personally I think that Stevie Ireland, Shay Given and Richard Dunne played okay. Nedum looked sluggish for some reason, maybe getting physically tired. Have seen Garrido play worse.

journolud said:
Lot's of people were saying before this game they would take a defeat by Fulham and that Hughes should rest players, thursday is the more important game, etc. Well, you got what you wanted and all I can see is the usual moaning.

Personally I was disappointed but I'm not suicidal. Sure Fulham are as shit away from home as us but that doesn't give us a divine right to beat them. Petrov and Bojinov are working their way back and got valuable game time, Etuhu wasted his chance but you can't knock the boss for giving him the chance. When we were losing he brought on Robinho and Sturridge who both made an impact ( Sturrdige did little to justify his alleged wage claims when he started against Hamburg) but it just didn't happen.

Fulham were well organised and deserved the win but individual mistakes and poor defending gave them the goals.

Agreed.
but I suspect some would rather we lose such is the will for Hughes to fail.
TBF some have already told the truth on that score,but not as many as should.

I'd have preferred us not putting all of our eggs in one basket, so that if we get knocked out on Thursday we could still go for 7th. I think that's blown now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.