I'd Rather Have Manuel than Willy

Bluewonder said:
I'd rather have Baresi than Benatia.

I know what you are getting at but why settle or second or third best. Who'd have David Villa woul have signed for one of our group of Clubs?

andyhinch said:
Ric said:
There is literally no chance we could sign Neuer.
I'd say no need either.

The World Cup has shown how the standard of international goalkeeping has moved on (apart from Iler being over the hill and the England team being shit in general).

Hopefully our keepers and coaching staff have seen this and are determined to take us to the next level where we can compete in the CL.

We can't afford Pogba or Vidal in the near future either. We are also better stocked in midfield than in goal but I'm still for debating the merits of World Class players.

if any club could buy neuer its us,cant see why tim is getting it in the neck,

offer him silly wages and or bonuses,get his head turned,get him to cause Bayern a bit of grief and bobs your uncle,just how real Madrid operate,

saying that I think he is going to have a very big fall from grace soon,far to cocky with the ball at his feet.no doubting his presence he is a tremendous gk in the mould of peter (sp) schmicial haha,cant be arsed to google his name but you know who I mean schmicheal smeegal smoogle smeegle smoooo

sir peace frog said:
if any club could buy neuer its us,cant see why tim is getting it in the neck,

offer him silly wages and or bonuses,get his head turned,get him to cause Bayern a bit of grief and bobs your uncle,just how real Madrid operate,

saying that I think he is going to have a very big fall from grace soon,far to cocky with the ball at his feet.no doubting his presence he is a tremendous gk in the mould of peter (sp) schmicial haha,cant be arsed to google his name but you know who I mean schmicheal smeegal smoogle smeegle smoooo

i'd say getting smacked 4-0 at home in a cl semi final seems a pretty big fall from grace wouldn't you?

get your point though.

Tim of the Oak said:
Manuel Neuer beat Algeria the other night with his superb sweeper play. Talkshite say he had 21 touches outside the box and that is a World Cup record.

Neuer is widely regarded as the best keeper in the world, wins trophies galore for Bayern and would be difficult to prize away from Bavaria.

That said, surely we would be trying to buy Manuel. We wouldn't need Willy and could d manage without Benatia or Mangala, with a truly world class keeper and sweeper. Let's put all our FFP budget into a Neuer bid!

Great idea, let's also offer barcalona Rodwell, sinclair, and guiddetti for messi, sanchez , iniesta, hazard,and 100 million euros, while we're at it, let's also try to get ronaldo in a swap for richards, and sell yaya toure to juventus for pogba, vidal, and 999 billion euros, and next, let's try to get james Rodriguez for 20,000, and then after that make a swap of Richard wright for casillas, Buffon, time machine so we can get prime versions of bert trautmann and lev yashin, along with gordan banks, pele, maradona, zidane, ronaldinho, Johan cruyff, beckenbauer and Maldini. Let's also get a new stadium that fits 9999999999999 people, and while we're at it, let's just go and buy prime versions of all World Cup players from all the world cups. Next, I would also like man city to somehow join the World Cup, and then, after that, let's buy those aliens from that galaxy 11 commercial

That scenario is equal to our chances to get neuer

Davidgoldensilva said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Manuel Neuer beat Algeria the other night with his superb sweeper play. Talkshite say he had 21 touches outside the box and that is a World Cup record.

Neuer is widely regarded as the best keeper in the world, wins trophies galore for Bayern and would be difficult to prize away from Bavaria.

That said, surely we would be trying to buy Manuel. We wouldn't need Willy and could d manage without Benatia or Mangala, with a truly world class keeper and sweeper. Let's put all our FFP budget into a Neuer bid!

Great idea, let's also offer barcalona Rodwell, sinclair, and guiddetti for messi, sanchez , iniesta, hazard,and 100 million euros, while we're at it, let's also try to get ronaldo in a swap for richards, and sell yaya toure to juventus for pogba, vidal, and 999 billion euros, and next, let's try to get james Rodriguez for 20,000, and then after that make a swap of Richard wright for casillas, Buffon, time machine so we can get prime versions of bert trautmann and lev yashin, along with gordan banks, pele, maradona, zidane, ronaldinho, Johan cruyff, beckenbauer and Maldini. Let's also get a new stadium that fits 9999999999999 people, and while we're at it, let's just go and buy prime versions of all World Cup players from all the world cups. Next, I would also like man city to somehow join the World Cup, and then, after that, let's buy those aliens from that galaxy 11 commercial

Sounds like you think we will never be able to compete for the top players. Maybe you should be on the main forum contributing to the people under estimating us again.

Of course Neuer would be very difficult to buy at this time but many Blues think that's the type of quality of player we should be aiming for. Yesterday I noticed that Vidal, Pogba and Rodriques were the top three posts on the transfer forum. We can't afford any of these players - all on their own would exceed our FFP ceiling (subject to selling players) either but I think it is a good idea that posters are talking about guys of this quality.

Tim of the Oak said:
Davidgoldensilva said:
Tim of the Oak said:

Sounds like you think we will never be able to compete for the top players. Maybe you should be on the main forum contributing to the people under estimating us again.

Of course Neuer would be very difficult to buy at this time but many Blues think that's the type of quality of player we should be aiming for. Yesterday I noticed that Vidal, Pogba and Rodriques were the top three posts on the transfer forum. We can't afford any of these players - all on their own would exceed our FFP ceiling (subject to selling players) either but I think it is a good idea that posters are talking about guys of this quality.

The difference is,neuer seems to be extremely loyal to bayern, and at this point in time, it wouldn't make sense for him to go to us. With the Ffp rules it's doubtful that we can even afford neuer. It's not possible for us to get a shining star with the limits right now, or at least someone like neuer. I'm 100% sure we can get a player of neuer's callibre and one day our players will go into history, but at the moment neuer will not come to us, as he is happy in bayern. Bayern will have no intent to part with neuer, so the chances of us getting him is near impossible. In this transfer window we are not going to be able to get someone like neuer. Neuer is undoubtably the best goalkeeper in the world and would make us near unbeatable but it's not what we need. We have very few areas of weaknesses, and although goalkeeper isn't exactly a strength, it's not something that is in urgent need for reinforcements with caballero. Obviously without restrictions we might potentially target neuer, though it's doubtful we could get him. The Vidal post was talking about how we wouldn't want him to go to utd but personally without restrictions id be searching up vidal's name every seconed to see if we got him. And for the people underestimating manchester city, most of them got 7th last year, and the others are either having their first trophy is a million years, hypocrites, or reliant on someone who bites. To be honest I'm sure that city will break the points record within the next few years, and the champions league too, and I believe the quad will happen within this decade

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.