Ideal Squad before the season starts?

city-till-i-cry

Include players you would get rid off!

Given Hart

Zab Richards Kompany Onouha Lescott Toure/Gallas Bridge Chellini

Wright-Phillips Weiss Barry Ireland De Jong Arteta Petrov Robby

Tevez, Eto'o, Dzeko, Adebayor/Drogba (Bit ambitious)

Theres mine. Thats hear some???

realistically the starting 11 will be

given

richards new cb onuoha/kompany bridge

de jong barry ireland

tevez new st robinho

subs - new gk (hart loan) onuoha/kompany zab swp petrov bellamy weiss

mancitydreamteam said:
same as top but i would try a cheeky bid for the players at real such as sneijder, van de vart and robben who are not gonna get a look in at real at the moment

good call with robben, wen hez fit the guy is class but aint he very injury prone ? i think if he cud stay fit he wud of won world player of the year by now

Starting line-up:

----------------------- Given ------------------------

Maicon -------- Kompany ----- Lescott -------- Bridge

-------------- de Jong ------- Barry ----------------
---------------------- Ireland -----------------------

Tevez --------------- Drogba --------------- Robinho

GK: Given, Shwarzer (2)
RB: Richards, Zabba, Trippier (3)
CB: Terry, Toure, Onouha, Mee (4)
LB: Lescott, Bridge, McGivern (3)
DM: Yaya, DeJong, Kompany, Clayton (4)
CM: Ireland, Barry, Martinez, Johnson (4)
FW: Tevez, Robinho, SWP, Bellamy, Elia, Weiss (7)
TM: Ibrahimovic, RCS, Caicedo (3)

Squad of 30.
- Plenty of cover at the back. Toure = RB/CB. Lescott = LB/CB. Kompany or Yaya can drop back too.
- Plenty of cover in midfield. Zabba = RB/DM/CM. SWP = RW/AM/CM. Even Tevez or Robinho could play AM if stuck.
- Plenty of cover upfront. 3 targetmen and 6 (!) that can run at the opposition.
- Plenty of academy players making a claim.
- 11 new players....a lot but IMO we need a lot if we need a strong squad (not just a strong team).

I think most of that is doable... obviously not Ibra though but how knows (I wonder if he'd try hard enough too but I can't think of another Torres-type out there).

Unfortunately Dunne, Petrov, Elano and Bojinov will almost certainly leave. I'd keep the lot, especially Dunne and Bojinov, but I don't think they'll want to fight for there positions. It's a pity though as it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'd prove themselves to be in the first 11 regularly on merit. (I've no hope for Elano and Petrov though... they seem to be at odds with everything City at the moment).

I don't think the above team would be "gauranteed" top 4, for a start they'd have to .... wait for it.... GEL...., but I think they'd give it a good go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.