if all transfers go to plan what...

The successful teams are those with depth and alternatives, but if we have to come down to an 11

-------------Given-------------

SWP--Onouha--Kompany--Bridge

Ireland------De Jong------Barry

Tevez-----Adebayor-----Robinho

Subs: Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Dunne, Taylor, Bojinov, Zabeleta, Richards

I'd get the full-backs pushed up as far as possible to join midfield so that Irreland has as much freedom as possible to make those late runs into the penalty area.

If it's a tight game with half an hour to go, put Bellamy on to destroy tired legs,

1)
----------------Given-----------------
-----Kompany --Terry-- Lescott-------
------------Barry---De Jong----------
-Ireland-----------------------Robinho
-----------Tevez----Adebayor--------
-----------------RSC----------------

2)
----------------Given-----------------
-----Kompany --Terry-- Lescott-------
------------Barry---De Jong----------
-SWP----------Ireland---------Robinho
-----------Tevez----Adebayor--------

This is more or less cast iron, imo-

I've only used players we deffo have on the books, right now.

------------------ Given -------------------

Zabaleta ---- Kompany - Onouha ---- Bridge

(Zabaleta and Bridge are better at supplying crosses into the box. Which is what we need with Long Tall Sally Cruz or Adebayor to aim at)

--------------- De Jong -------------------

(I can actually see Little Vinny getting a lot of time in this position, especially againt teams with a tall fella up top- he excelled against West Ham at home, his debut, in completely eliminating the threat od Dean Ashton, between 3 and 10 yards ahead of the CBs. The more mobile and harder tackling De Jong is more effective against better teams who will attempt to work the ball through angles on the deck)

-------- Ireland ------- Barry ---------------

(This is actually the CM pairing you'd get out of a 4-4-2 formation, imo. Barry's job is to press the ball, and major on defending the space between Onouha and Bridge, and defending against the overlap on that side. Robinho and Petrov will leave that side exposed, in a way that Tevez and SWP won't do on the right. Ireland is the creative force in the middle, has license to get forward and try and arrive late, in space, in the box. In FM speak, he'd have a forward arrow)

---- Tevez ---------------- Robinho ---------

(These are not wingers. These are inside forwards. There's more trickery here than pace.)

--------------- RSC --------------------------

(The centre forward. Holding up the ball, bringing in the inside right and left, and also the onrushing CM. Bridge and Zabaleta will be used to bomb on down the flanks and to try and find Roque with a cross- something both fullbacks are reasonably proficient at)

FTW.

NB Any new signing from now will have to fit into this system. Cook talks about Chelsea's model, interestingly, this is how they set up. We have lots of options on the bench, even with injuries and suspensions taking their toll. We should be able to field very strong teams even for the League and FA Cup games.

goat boy said:

(Zabaleta and Bridge are better at supplying crosses into the box. Which is what we need with Long Tall Sally Cruz or Adebayor to aim at)

(I can actually see Little Vinny getting a lot of time in this position, especially againt teams with a tall fella up top- he excelled against West Ham at home, his debut, in completely eliminating the threat od Dean Ashton, between 3 and 10 yards ahead of the CBs. The more mobile and harder tackling De Jong is more effective against better teams who will attempt to work the ball through angles on the deck)

(This is actually the CM pairing you'd get out of a 4-4-2 formation, imo. Barry's job is to press the ball, and major on defending the space between Onouha and Bridge, and defending against the overlap on that side. Robinho and Petrov will leave that side exposed, in a way that Tevez and SWP won't do on the right. Ireland is the creative force in the middle, has license to get forward and try and arrive late, in space, in the box. In FM speak, he'd have a forward arrow)

(These are not wingers. These are inside forwards. There's more trickery here than pace.)

(The centre forward. Holding up the ball, bringing in the inside right and left, and also the onrushing CM. Bridge and Zabaleta will be used to bomb on down the flanks and to try and find Roque with a cross- something both fullbacks are reasonably proficient at)

FTW.

NB Any new signing from now will have to fit into this system. Cook talks about Chelsea's model, interestingly, this is how they set up. We have lots of options on the bench, even with injuries and suspensions taking their toll. We should be able to field very strong teams even for the League and FA Cup games.

Your onto something here,
A strong formation basis that is easily switchable for the game/oppononent/last half hour etc

goat boy said:

FTW.

I second this, and love the idea of bringing on bellamy to scare tired defenders and having adebayor rotate with santa cruz. But we've got to get at least one more centre half as cover, especially with bookings over a season.

desouza10 said:
------------------------------------- Given/Taylor----------------------------------
Richards/Zabaleta---Terry/Onouha--------------- Lescott/Kompany-----Bridge/Garrido-
--------------------------------------- De Jong ------------------------------------
-----------------Ireland/Elano ------------------------------ Barry/Johnson----------
----------Tevez/SWP-----------------------------------------------Robinho/Petrov--
-----------------------------------Adebayor/ Santa Cruz ----------------------------

Get a replacement for Gelson and we have what the doctor ordered in 2 players for every position...and thats not even including the likes of
Schmeichel
Dunne
Benjani
Bojinov
Bellamy
Weiss
Caicedo
Evans
etc...

I think...we have a squad there ;)

now thats what im talking about!!! the blue ones would be my first choice but to be fair im undecided for who to play alongside terry, either nedum, lescott or kompany. but id go with lescott because he's left footed. id also like to see a challenger for de jong, although kompany can play that role... he's injured so maybe a little sneaky bid for alonso?

goater82 said:
I second this, and love the idea of bringing on bellamy to scare tired defenders and having adebayor rotate with santa cruz. But we've got to get at least one more centre half as cover, especially with bookings over a season.

Exactly, or even starting with Santa and Ade up top with either Robbie or Carlos being a right nuisance just behind em,
Ooooh the thought of it makes me happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.