If Britain was as big (size) as America

Challenger1978 said:
blumoonrises said:
Ha ha..! Ireland caused the fall of the British Empire..?!! what propogandic bull have you been brainwashed with..?!

Didnt you know it had nothing to do with two World Wars and Britain being in debt up to its eye ball. Then having to go to the Americans begging for a borrow which they applied a load of conditions to.

Which we have only just finished paying back,well in the last 10 years or so.

whipper said:
Challenger1978 said:
Didnt you know it had nothing to do with two World Wars and Britain being in debt up to its eye ball. Then having to go to the Americans begging for a borrow which they applied a load of conditions to.

We've paid of the debts from WW1 but not from WW2 yet if i remember corrrectly. Infact if i remember correctly the yanks have military bases all around the world to this day that are on a borrow till 2040ish because of the lend lease deal we had with them. If that still stands im not to sure, but they deffo have islands scattered around the world that are millitary base that we borrowed them.

Challenger1978 said:
whipper said:

We've paid of the debts from WW1 but not from WW2 yet if i remember corrrectly. Infact if i remember correctly the yanks have military bases all around the world to this day that are on a borrow till 2040ish because of the lend lease deal we had with them. If that still stands im not to sure, but they deffo have islands scattered around the world that are millitary base that we borrowed them.

Diego Garcia is one,yanks use it as a air force base.

Which if i`m correct has chemical weapons on it,we signed the treaty but the yanks didn`t.We are trying to get them to remove them.Whether we do get them to comply is a different matter.

GAZZA said:
When you think... all countries had the same start in the year zero; but us, a small rocky island at the NW of Europe and we once had the biggest empire the world has ever seen.
Makes you a bit proud, dunnit.

Let me get this right, instead of being proud of Darwin, Newton, Turing et al, you're proud of genocide and imperialism?

You are either sick or stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.