if fans get priced out of attending matches

1_barry_conlon said:
Another thread about ticket prices,who'd have thought it?

I take it the people whingeing about this also vigorously do the same with supermarkets,petrol prices,car insurance etc. The majority of prices on anything we consume/buy goes up,its a fact of life and if you can name a half decent club who has put their prices down then i'm all ears? Or are City the only ogres doing this?
"Moaning" or just suggesting ticket prices make very little difference to a clubs profits?

danburge82 said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Another thread about ticket prices,who'd have thought it?

I take it the people whingeing about this also vigorously do the same with supermarkets,petrol prices,car insurance etc. The majority of prices on anything we consume/buy goes up,its a fact of life and if you can name a half decent club who has put their prices down then i'm all ears? Or are City the only ogres doing this?
"Moaning" or just suggesting ticket prices make very little difference to a clubs profits?

When they were required for club profits,i.e. the Pearce years, where was the clamour for tickets then? Reasonable prices and plenty of room to be had then or is it just that now we are becoming a bit more succesfull it's suddenly the 'place to be?'

dunno y ppl complain,its the price of success, some fans might be priced out, but there are loads others waiting to take their place. success = high prices, tis the nature of the beast,
i rather pay higher prices for success, plus with success comes bonuses, like pissing off them pricks down road

Prestwich_Blue said:
WNRH said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Our average price per seat achieved is a little more than £20. The rags is a little over £60.

How do you come to that?
Just a quick calculation based on 2011 matchday revenue/capacity/25 games. In fact ours is wrong as we only achieved just under £20m matchday revenue in 2011 not the £25m I thought we'd got. so it's £17 per seat for us. I also underestimated their capacity so they should be about £58 per seat.

I know that assumes we sold every seat for every game but I just couldn't be arsed looking up attendances. Whatever, they get an average 3.5 times per seat more than we get. A lot of that is down to hospitality as their 8,000 seats bring in 50% or more of their matchday income.

Whilst it may work out like that from an accountants calculations, no adult paid £17 for a seat at our place last season (unless they were on the minority special gold value) and maybe only a very small percentage paid £58 at United.

I have a few friends and family members who are season ticket holders are both clubs in similar area's of respective grounds. City fans pay around £30 per game whilst United fans pay £50 per game on average.

cavalier Jackson said:
will the club as we know it lose its identity? Or will it just adopt a new one?

To answer your question mate, I would say the good old days of blackburn, gillingham and matches were you were not bothered about the result as long as you have a good time games are nearly gone following man city!

WNRH said:
Whilst it may work out like that from an accountants calculations, no adult paid £17 for a seat at our place last season (unless they were on the minority special gold value) and maybe only a very small percentage paid £58 at United.

I have a few friends and family members who are season ticket holders are both clubs in similar area's of respective grounds. City fans pay around £30 per game whilst United fans pay £50 per game on average.

Indeed, adults pay more, kids, 16-18, 18-21, OAPs and disability pay less. When you total it up it's around £17 per seat per game. The numbers show we have to boost corporate revenue significantly. That's it.

Skashion said:
WNRH said:

Indeed, adults pay more, kids, 16-18, 18-21, OAPs and disability pay less. When you total it up it's around £17 per seat per game. The numbers show we have to boost corporate revenue significantly. That's it.

This whole thread though was made in relation to the price of the Southampton ticket for non seasoncard members, which was an adult ticket. I know other age groups pay less but the majority of those who attend matches are adults and if you are an adult who goes to the games you don't pay an average of £17 per game (we wish!)

The last sentence is spot on so i cannot understand why match tickets are £50+. They should be no more than £30. Is 8,000 matchday tickets available at an extra £20 per ticket, totalling £160,000 per game really going to contribute to our income? That's not even a top players weekly wage!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.