If I worked in the 'transfers dept.' at MCFC...

shaundickov

I would be busting my balls trying to sign either Kaka, Aguero or David Villa, and throwing the press off the scent with bids for the likes of Parker and Bellamy, and RSC. I would be working so hard to do this that all transfer activity would go quiet for a few days.

Why?

As soon as someone like Kaka signs on the dotted line, it will open the floodgates. Good squad backup players will be beating our door down asking us to sign them. Suddenly the media who thought (maybe rightly) that Robinho was a fluke will sit up and take notice. The likes of Benzema will want to join the new revolution. Yaya Toure will have no bones about making the switch.

The club would be absolutely transformed overnight.

But these huge deals, 'surprises' as Cook called them, DONT happen overnight - they take lots of work behind the scenes, and can take a lot of time.

shaundickov said:
I would be busting my balls trying to sign either Kaka, Aguero or David Villa, and throwing the press off the scent with bids for the likes of Parker and Bellamy, and RSC. I would be working so hard to do this that all transfer activity would go quiet for a few days.
Why?

As soon as someone like Kaka signs on the dotted line, it will open the floodgates. Good squad backup players will be beating our door down asking us to sign them. Suddenly the media who thought (maybe rightly) that Robinho was a fluke will sit up and take notice. The likes of Benzema will want to join the new revolution. Yaya Toure will have no bones about making the switch.

But these huge deals, 'surprises' as Cook called them, DONT happen overnight - they take lots of work behind the scenes, and can take a lot of time.

how do you know thats not what they're already doing?

tommcfc said:
shaundickov said:
Why?

how do you know thats not what they're already doing?

hmmmmmmmmmmm it does make you think they are up to something

...I would take all my holiday entitlement in January of every year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.