If I worked in the 'transfers dept.' at MCFC...

tommcfc said:
shaundickov said:
I would be busting my balls trying to sign either Kaka, Aguero or David Villa, and throwing the press off the scent with bids for the likes of Parker and Bellamy, and RSC. I would be working so hard to do this that all transfer activity would go quiet for a few days.
Why?

As soon as someone like Kaka signs on the dotted line, it will open the floodgates. Good squad backup players will be beating our door down asking us to sign them. Suddenly the media who thought (maybe rightly) that Robinho was a fluke will sit up and take notice. The likes of Benzema will want to join the new revolution. Yaya Toure will have no bones about making the switch.

The club would be absolutely transformed overnight.

But these huge deals, 'surprises' as Cook called them, DONT happen overnight - they take lots of work behind the scenes, and can take a lot of time.

how do you know thats not what they're already doing?

yeah, how do you know that the "transfer debt" is not looking at those players. Also I didn't know that there is a place called "transfer debt" i thought that just the manager make the decisions (but it has to be approved by the board of course, not spending cash on retards)

tommcfc said:
shaundickov said:
I would be busting my balls trying to sign either Kaka, Aguero or David Villa, and throwing the press off the scent with bids for the likes of Parker and Bellamy, and RSC. I would be working so hard to do this that all transfer activity would go quiet for a few days.
Why?

As soon as someone like Kaka signs on the dotted line, it will open the floodgates. Good squad backup players will be beating our door down asking us to sign them. Suddenly the media who thought (maybe rightly) that Robinho was a fluke will sit up and take notice. The likes of Benzema will want to join the new revolution. Yaya Toure will have no bones about making the switch.

But these huge deals, 'surprises' as Cook called them, DONT happen overnight - they take lots of work behind the scenes, and can take a lot of time.

I think that's the point he's trying to make

The Fat el Hombre said:
tommcfc said:
shaundickov said:
Why?

and you would get a first hand glimpse into how hard it is to take world class players away from their clubs

The Fat el Hombre said:
tommcfc said:
shaundickov said:
Why?

Natt said:
tommcfc said:
yeah, how do you know that the "transfer debt" is not looking at those players. Also I didn't know that there is a place called "transfer debt" i thought that just the manager make the decisions (but it has to be approved by the board of course, not spending cash on retards)

where did i say 'transfer debt'?

one big signing would "legitimize" the whole "new city" but I cant see it being one of the like of Kaka, although I was pretty shocked at the Robinho thing

Am I missing a beat here? Surely Robinho is enough to "open the flodgates" or was he not one of the World's elite when he came here?

the 'tranfer dept' ? surely there's Hughes, Bowen and the baord and that's pretty much it. Anyone else involved is not involved in a decision making capacity anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.