If it's not the money, what were the promises made ?

Impeccable One said:
What do you 'wise ones' think these promises could be ?

Maybe a few answers in this thread on the same topic....

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200820</a>

Didsbury Dave said:
Much as I hate the phrase, it is the elephant in the room.

Whatever these "promises" are, I really hope that this doesn't escalate into a tit-for-tat PR war in the press. I've seen signs of it today.

That can only be bad news for all concerned.

Get it sorted behind closed doors please.

Or get it sorted before other players come out and start jumping on the bandwagon?

It's an untimely distraction that needs nipping in the bud as soon as possible for the good of our season...........................

FantasyIreland said:
Impeccable One said:
What do you 'wise ones' think these promises could be ?

Maybe a few answers in this thread on the same topic....

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200820</a>

That's the point of my post, nobody is putting up realistic potential 'promises' that don't have a monetary affect.

Sponsorship = Money
Bonus = Money
Image rights = Money

To keep it simple, what could the club (Executives) have verbally promised (didn't/couldn't be made contractual) that Tevez would want, that didn't affect his income ? Not an easy question to answer.

The only ones I could think of;
- involve statues outside the ground,
- his face on all City scarfs,
- an agreement that if he's in the box and another city player is there with the ball, they must pass to him
- that he is NEVER substituted unless he asks to be or is injured

anymore ?

Danamy said:
Or get it sorted before other players come out and start jumping on the bandwagon?

Me and my Dad discussed this the other day. I can't see there being a revolution with us second in the league, though. They'll look daft.

my mate and myself have been talking about this since it came out, we think and don,t laugh, he was promised -----(christmas off)-----i know it sounds rediculous but the more we thought about this the more it seemed probable or even could be possible, ???

mancunial said:
my mate and myself have been talking about this since it came out, we think and don,t laugh, he was promised -----(christmas off)-----i know it sounds rediculous but the more we thought about this the more it seemed probable or even could be possible, ???

I thought this too but didn't say anything coz I thought they'd all laugh. They can laugh and point at us both now :)

johnny on the spot said:
1. The South Stand to be renamed 'The Joorabchian-Bollinger End'
2. A large chapel to be erected at Sportcity to allow peasant worship of Carlos Tevez (daily congregation to be led by Garry Cook).
3. Carlito's face to be rendered in the seats of the Colin Bell Stand (useful for deterring helicopters).

I think we ought to go for this one, as long as his mush is on the seat and not the back rest!

I will make a prediction.

Reading between the lines on the latest statements from Kia (I can never remember his other name) & what seems to me to be a softening of the position because it obviously hasn't gone quite as expected, the body language of Carlos & the interview with Roberto, I would predict a compromise following Friday's meeting that Carlos will agree to stay until the end of the season to give the boken down relationships time to heal.

If they have not, City will let him go during the summer window to anyone who can afford him and we will replace him, which as Champions & Europa Cup winners, we will find easier to do.

Talk about sticking your neck out, I could get big odds for that treble

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.