If Joe Hart Got Injured...

Re: If Joe Hart Got Sent Off...

Freestyler said:
warringtonblue said:
why on earth would we have no keeper on the bench?
Better if you ask what happens if Joes replacement got hurt

Just a bit of fun, for any reason we didn't have a sub keeper. it has happened in football!

As used to happen often here under Stuart Pearce (or Kevin Keegan - I can't remember).<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 am --<br /><br />
de niro said:
wayne71 said:
I'd try and nick one from spurs, they have plenty.
Thought the same thing, I posted a bit back we should try for friedle or cudacini (sp)

-- Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 am --

Drewmanc said:
de niro said:
Nevermind that, if he got injured we'd be fucked anyway . We need a better number two and fucking fast.

Bit harsh on Pants that pal, I don't recall us having many great No 2's waiting in the wings. Panty is about the standard of a sub GK and can do the job fairly well when called upon.

No he can't. We are in a completely different league now to where we were and to every other team. So much is the expectation, the pressure and culpability on our club we simply have to succeed.a month lay off for joe and we'd be out of all competions.

Nonsense. If we could get our shit together and defend properly, Panti wouldn't have much to do. Joe has only been so essential because our defending has been such utter shite.

To answer the OP "Hyperthetical" question, the outfield player I would go for would be Dzeko (asuming he is on the pitch) as I think he is very "Niall Quinnesque" (Dean Saunders penalty save and all that)

James Milner.

By all accounts he was a excellent at every sport he tried as a kid, he strikes me as one of those people who are good at nearly anything they try their hand at.

Ok, he's not very tall, but I reckon he'd have a safe pair of hands, is agile and certainly brave enough to be a keeper.

An interesting question. Ridiculously it also depends on the situation. If we're 4 or 5 up I could imagine it'd be a joker going in for the laugh like Balo or Micah.

If it was a 1-0 and we were hanging on, well I imagine it'd be a tricky one. Do you put a defender in net and lose them from the defence? I think Zaba would be willing but too small. Dzeko is big and strong, would be a good choice maybe.

Do we have any players in the squad who HAVE played in net or trained in net previously? There are examples of players who played at youth level in goal and moved outfield, or vice-versa (such as Kasper Schmeichel). Maybe there is somebody in the squad with at least some experience to do so, a bit like JAgielka for Everton/Sheff Utd was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.