If Milner was still here would Pep pick him?

He'd never play in centre midfield. We've seen by how reluctant Pep is to use Delph and Zinchenko in that role that the bar is very high.

However, he'd definitely feature in some capacity. Being an incredibly hard worker with an adequate skill base means he'd improve no doubt like the rest under Pep. He'd probably be used at fullback and occasionally in the wide attacking positions if need be.

Nope..

Just for this quote

Milner said: "I've been very fortunate to play in a lot of good teams, with a lot of good players.

"Obviously winning a couple of titles at City, we had some very good players, but as a team this is probably up there as the best team I've played iN

WTF?!

I have no problem with Milner not believing he was good enough for city, I think that is fact, and it does not bother me that he is playing in a position he said he did not want to, I just do not like being lied too, for a year he misled city over his contract, a bit of honesty would have earned respect, it was not as if city would or could do anything.
Milner is also central in the Sterling abuse case being an important figure at all three clubs they have played for ,England City and Liverpool but also in the media, Milner was in a position to stop or slow the hatred and did nothing, one word in support of Sterling could have stopped three years of hatred, yes there were plenty of others but they all had there own agenda`s

I think he'd find it hard to play as a central midfielder in a Guardiola side. He worked well under Mancini and Pellegrini because he was good as an inside attacking midfielder/#10, but we tend to play with two #8s and two wide wingers these days. If he was willing to fill in at full-back, however, I think he'd be great back-up for Walker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.